[16] what last night caused

GAVI's POV

i woke up sore as if i made no movement in my sleep at all.

later to realize... i didn't.

the last thing i remember was watching some rom-com y/n suggested to which i probably passed out to because of how boring it was. but i definitely did not think we slept together.

like.. together together.

her head was rested on one of my arms while the other held her close to me. what i didn't expect when looking down further is seeing her hugging me back.

i have so many thoughts running through my head and one of them is not wanting to move an inch of my body and just... stay as we are.

that'd be something.

my phone is right behind her so i try to reach for it without making much movement.

i pick it up only to see that it's 7:41 am and practice starts at 8:30. i look around to see if there's any sign of xavi, i can't imagine him not being up.

the first person i can think of calling is pedri to come pick me up and take me back to my place to get all my stuff. the phone rings for a while until he picks up last minute. "gavi. good morning." he sounds like he's been up for a minute. "pedri, hey um... can you do me a favor and pick me up from xa- uh actually can i send you my location if that's alright?" theres this short pause before he agrees and he hangs up on me.

i was gonna tell him xavi's place but that would lead to so many questions because everyone knows about y/n moving back with xavi, including him.

i don't want him or anyone thinking anything of it.

by sending my location that gives me a solid five minutes to run down the street to some grocery store.

y/n, though, is making it harder to follow through with this plan.

so instead of waking her up, i slowly pick up her head and get the nearest pillow to put beneath her. she shuffles around a little and i completely freeze, not knowing how much of a heavy or light sleeper she is until she goes back to her original state before i had to get her off me.

i start putting my sweater and shoes back on because i didn't imagine myself spending the night which is why i'm still in my clothes from yesterday.

as i'm getting ready to head out, i think it'd be a better idea to leave a note before she wakes up confused. i grab the nearest sheet of paper and start scribbling.

i hope it's good enough.

but just as i'm about to head out i get the biggest scare of my life.

xavi is leaned against the archway and i slowly back away before he gets a little closer. "so, how'd you sleep?" he asks before putting one hand on my shoulder, "if this is about y/n and i... we just fell asleep like that i promise-"

"hmm, okay, gavi. but can i show you something really quick?" he takes his hand off my shoulder and goes for his back pocket, making his way next to me with this grin on his face and turns it sideway before pressing play on some video.