[26] birthday bash

probably the longest chapter just because i didn't want to have to break it up...

Y/N's POV

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR Y/N..."

so much for a slow morning.

i pulled my blanket up so that i'm covering my face but i knew they wouldn't stop until i got up. i tried to tame my hair as much as possible under the covers because i just know it looked awful and i just know they're recording and i really don't wanna look bad.

i sit up, only to see gavi, pedri, salma, jana, sira, ferran, ansu, and xavi who's holding a mini cake.

behind them, there are metallic colored balloons with the number 18 and i can't help but smile widely.

their little song ends and xavi brings the cake closer to me, only to have everyone follow him. "pide un deseo cumpleañera." i close my eyes and make a wish that i'll definitely be keeping to myself even though the first thing ansu said was, "you can tell me your wish, i'm really good at keeping secrets."

i find that hard to believe.

i shake my head and everyone sits on my bed, coming up to me one by one for a hug.

"you're finally eighteen!" sira tells me while ferran rubs her back. "she cried on the way here." he whispered to me and i whisper an 'ohhh' because it makes sense as to why she can't let go.

ferran had to pull her off himself before it was pedri's turn.

"happy birthday, kid. well technically not anymore but, you get what i mean." i thank him as well as ansu, jana, and salma who were so eager.

when they're finally off of me, it's xavi's turn.

"feliz cumpleaños, mija." xavi has been a parent to me while i'm far from home. he gets emotional every year. "gracias, pa. por todo." i only really called him my dad on occasions like these where it was nothing but right.

unfortunately my actual parents had called exactly at midnight for them but i was too tired to call back.

i'll make sure to call back as soon as i get to the person who's been waiting the entire time.

the excitement of seeing him got to me and i jump into his arms in which he returns the same energy of seeing me. my arms wrap around his neck and his scent sinks in. "happy birthday, beautiful." it's nothing but butterflies by now. he kisses my cheek when i lift my head to see him face to face.

i can't lie and say i didn't want just a kiss on the cheek, but because of everyone in the room, i'll wait it out.

xavi's clap snaps us out of it, "let's go eat breakfast, yeah?"

everyone agrees and i ask for a few minutes just to get myself together. everyone exits the room and said they'll meet me downstairs.

i run into my bathroom and turn on the cold water to splash on my face and rinse my tooth brush.

good thing i didn't wear any of my embarrassing pajamas. that's the first thing they would've seen and i would've never recovered if they did.