Kim Taehyung

~12:00~

After walking for several minutes, the crew finally entered the first main city. There's skyscrapers and even streets with advanced cars Jimin has never seen. The only bad news is that all of them are abandoned. "Jungkook, any updates?" Jimin asks, which the platinum shakes his head to.

"Not yet, I don't think we're going to get any." Jimin sighs, glancing over at the Captain, who has his head turned straight ahead. The dim light reverberates across Namjoon's exhausted face, the man's dimples no where in sight.

"Everyone has their long distance comm links on, correct?" Namjoon asks. Everyone nods. "Good. Split up. Teams of two, check ins every ten minutes. Jimin and I will cover the north end. Jungkook and Y/N, do the west side. Hoseok and Seulgi, east end. Baekhyun and Jin, south end. Got it?"

Once everyone is in agreement, they enter the city and break off into their respective groups. Jimin follows Namjoon like a little duckling, heading towards the north end of the city. Jimin still can't fathom the fact that he's an Executive Officer now. He's not just an engineer, he's an Executive, and to top it off he's walking next to his Captain who he respects dearly.

"What are we looking for exactly?" Jimin asks to break the silence.

"Evidence of alien life... there." He pauses to point towards the large spire in the distance. "That's the communications tower. We should make our way over there."

"Hopefully we'll find answers there. The streets don't look too good," Jimin replies, letting his eyes scan over the area that's filled with decay. Back on Earth, plant life would take over after something is abandoned for too long. However, this is much different. No nature is in sight, not even humans.

They fall back into a short silence. Jimin isn't complaining, he has a lot on his mind. Being here, let alone away from Y/N, is terrifying. He can't help but miss her, but he doesn't let that get in the way of his mission. Jimin knows that she's focused right now. He should do the same. Unfortunately, Namjoon spoils that thought.

"You and Y/N, huh?" Namjoon asks. Jimin's neck goes pink. "So that's what was taking you so long?"

"No comment," Jimin says, fiddling with his fingers. Namjoon claps him on the shoulder, which makes Jimin's eyes meet the Captain's behind their helmets.

"If it makes you feel any better, I approve. She's a good person, she really is. Strong, determined, smart..."

Jimin gives his Captain a look of amusement despite their masked faces. "Careful, I'm the jealous type," he says.

Namjoon laughs. "Oh we all got that impression when Jungkook first showed up." Jimin chuckles, shaking his head. He'll never forget the rage he felt when Jungkook showed up. He's glad they're on good terms now though. Great terms, actually. "Hey, in all seriousness, Jungkook told me what you said to him, and I wanted to thank you..."

Jimin peeps over at his Captain with confusion. "Thank me? For what?" Jimin asks.

"You not only didn't fight him, but you also showed him respect. That was really mature of you, Jimin."

The Engineer shrugs it off. "It was the right thing to do. Plus, I could tell he's been through a lot, with the enhancements and all the hopping around the solar system. I don't know why I cared about him so much right off the bat, but I did."

Namjoon is about to reply when Jimin spots a body and gasps. The Captain gets in front of Jimin, his arms spread to prevent Jimin from moving forward. There's one man leaning up against the side of a building, long gone. He's extremely pale, his skin having a slight dark green tint. "Jesus," Jimin whispers.