Chapter 7; Come Over

I sat in the living room, mindlessly staring at the TV. I don't even know what show is on. It's probably some new kids show, which would explain why my younger brothers are forcing me to watch it. All I see is some dude flailing his arms around, but I'm sure it's extremely entertaining for them. I'm used to it though. The older brother role have been carved into me at this point. It's actually quite enjoyable. It helps that my brothers aren't totally out of control or obnoxious. That would make this horrifying.

Mom popped her head into the room, looking at the scene for a while before waving to me. I waved back before she went back out into the kitchen. She had a PTA meeting today and it was her turn to bring food... She must be busy. She likes to be involved with my brothers' school. My school is too far of a commute for her to be involved with both.

I was going to get up and see if I could help her before I felt a buzzing in my pocket. I scrolled through to my text messages. It was Knife attempting to get through to me.

Knife: What's up? Are you free ?

Ashe: Um, kind of, I guess.

Knife: Could you come over then? I'm bored.

Ashe: Um, maybe I just got back from Melody's house and had an argument with my brother on the train.

Knife: Oh. What brother?

Ashe: The fake one.

Knife: Wait, you're not in that dumb ass Big Brother thing, are you?

Ashe: Hey, it wasn't a choice for me.

Knife: Oh my God, that's fucking hilarious!

Ashe: Yeah, sure, whatever. I'll ask mom if I can come over.

Knife: k

Knife's house was closer than Melody's. While Melody was close to the school, Knife was in walking distance. I got up from the couch, causing my one brother to pout a little. He didn't seem to want me to go. Well... Too bad.

"Mom," I started, walking into the kitchen, "can I got to Knife's house?" I ask her, making her turn around a bit.

"Sure." she said, putting something in the oven. "Just be back by six and no later, okay?"

"Alright!" I said, running out of the kitchen. I waved bye to my brothers and made my way out the door.

Knife's name wasn't really Knife. It was Allison, actually, which sounds nothing like Knife. I don't know exactly where she got the nick name. She already had it when I met her. She was sitting by herself with her hood up, against the wall outside. She seemed lonely, so I tried to talk to her. After pestering her for a while, the two of us became friends.