Chapter 13; Basically Smut

After some walking and conversating, Kane and I arrived at his house. It looked similar to mine. It wasn't really busted up or anything, but it it wasn't one of those modern-looking houses that were cropping up around here. He took out a key and went to unlock the door. My heart was beating inexplicably fast, making me awkwardly jittery. I wasn't exactly sure what I thought Kane's house would look like. I didn't question very much about him at all, really.

When he unlocked the door and I got to see inside, I noticed it was rather typical and nice... It was definitely more tidy than our house, just because he didn't have three little boys running around it at any given time and Verona didn't seem to be one to cause trouble. I walked inside with him, getting used to the surroundings. The red head walked in front of me and smiled casually.

"So... This is where I live." he told me with a shrug before going up the stairs. "Come on!" he beckoned me to follow. After a slight hesitation, I walked up the steps and saw him standing in the door frame of one of the rooms. "Here's my room." he said, walking in.

The room was painted dark blue, kind of like Knife's, but organized more similar to mine. It just seemed familiar, making never being here before a little less stressful. He sat on the bed and kicked off his shoes into a corner.

"You can take off your shoes if you want." he instructed. I took off my boots and put them in the corner with Kane's before simply standing there awkwardly. "You can sit down too." the older one laughed, grabbing my arm and sitting me next to him.

"So..." I said, looking around a little.

"How do you want to do this?" he questioned suddenly, turning his head to look at me.

"U-um..."

"Oh, who am I kidding, you don't care." he laughed, pushing me down on the bed, still chuckling as he looked me in the eyes. "You might want to take these off." he took off my glasses and put them on a desk next to the bed.

Before I knew it, our lips met like they did on Friday. I relaxed into the kiss, closing my eyes. His tongue traced my bottom lip, as if asking for me to open my mouth. I opened it a bit, allowing his tongue inside. It was a little weird for a while, but I got used to it. He pulled away after a while and kissed my lower jaw before unwrapping my scarf from around my neck. He began to kiss around, probably looking for somewhere sensitive.

I let out a small noise, opening my eyes a bit to peek at him. He made a face as if to say 'found it'. He sucked around there for a while, biting every once and while. Shit, I was going to have a hickey after this, wasn't I? Good thing I'm always wearing scarfs... My parents would probably kill me if they saw me with a hickey, but I should be pretty good at hiding it.

I moaned a little, attempting to hold it in. It was kind of painful, but really nice at the same time.

"K-Kane..." I moaned under my breath, panting slightly.

The other went back up to kiss me on the lips, slipping a hand up my shirt. It was pretty cold and shocked me a bit, causing me to squirm a bit.

"Aw... What's wrong?" he chuckled, unbuttoning my shirt. I was still in my school clothes, which made things a little weird... At least I had taken my tie off when I got home... They were pretty flexible when it came to uniforms, allowing kids to wear what they wanted underneath, like Melody, or hoodies over top, like Knife.

I sat up, causing Kane lift his body into a kneeling position. Staring me in the eyes, he spoke.

"I don't see what you're so afraid of. I'm not going to hurt you." he told me, caressing my face lightly. "Come on."

I paused a little before kissing him lightly. He moved his hand to the back of my head, as I went to touch his face. We stayed like that for a while before he pulled back quickly. I wonder if I did something wrong...

"Is everything okay...?" I asked as he put his hand up for a bit, signalling for me to stop talking.

"Okay, sorry... I just thought I heard someone for a second. It's okay..." he said, kissing my forehead. My face began to heat up again before he shifted away from me. I'm assuming we were done with whatever we were doing. "So..."

"Do you think," I began rubbing my neck, "it's going to bruise...?"

"That's possible, but you're always wearing scarfs and stuff, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem if it does." Kane told me, standing up from the bed, the springs making one of the little noises they usually do. "You seemed to be enjoying it either way."

"True..." I muttered matter-of-factly, putting my shirt back on. The other smiled as I got to my feet next to him. "Oh," I uttered, looking over at the small desk where my glasses were resting, "I probably shouldn't forget these..."

"That would be a mistake." Kane stated as I grabbed my glasses, putting them on my face, their usual place. "But yea, if that does bruise, it's going to take ten to thirty minutes to really show up and I'm not really how hard I laid it on. I'm usually bad at controlling myself when it comes to that kind of thing."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I've given a couple of one-night-stands hickeys that lasted for quite a while, which doesn't exactly work out well for either of us." he explained, making a face that I couldn't really identify. It was as if he was looking back on something unpleasant. "Whatever the case, you should probably be getting home."

We both walked downstairs and I told him I would be able to get home of my own, since it was basically walking in a straight line for seven blocks or something. Walking away from the house, I kept rubbing my neck through my scarf. It was still a little sore... I had to admit, I really did like that, mainly the hickey part. I can't explain why, but it was something I don't think I've ever been through prior to now. It was interesting and... kind of sexy.

Passing Jefftree, I sighed. I wonder if I'd ever get to do something like that with Kane again...