Chapter 11, Part 1; Traumatized

I was sitting in Knife's room with Melody. This was the first time she was able to convince her parents that Knife wasn't a delinquent or anything. We decided to all hang out there together. Knife was still laughing at a joke Melody had made. As I sat on my girlfriend's bed, I was trying to forget everything that went down earlier today.

"Hey, so I got to meet Kane today." Melody brought up, which was probably ging to turn out to be a bad move... Knife stopped laughing.

"Really?" she said, her voice becoming more bland she didn't like it when anyone brought up Kane.

"Yeah, he was really nice!" Melody told her, looking up at the ceiling.

"He was pretty mean to me..." the blonde said, exhaling deeply. "I don't know what I did to him, but-"

"He doesn't want me to have a girlfriend." I chimed in. "Don't ask me why, because he won't tell me." I say, rolling my eyes.

I started thinking about that for a bit. I was trying to erase it from my memory, but earlier today might help me figure this out. Maybe I could talk to Melody about it. I don't think Knife would like hearing about it very much though... I can try and pull Melody aside for a second.

"Hey Melody, can I talk to you for a bit? Like... alone?" I say, standing up. Knife seemed mildly suspicious, but otherwise fine with it. Melody stood up with me and we walked into the hallway.

"What is it...?" she asked in a whisper, which was pretty sexy actually... I will always find Melody sexy and there's nothing I can do about it. Oh well.

"So... Earlier today, after you left, Kane took me to the back of the school and kissed me. He told me that he had been fantasizing about me for the past week or something... I can't forget it..." I explained to her quietly, feeling very small and pathetic.

"Wait, you're not kidding? Well... Of course you wouldn't be able to forget it. You're a straight male, aren't you?" she inquired, tapping her foot.

"Yeah...?"

"Then you were likely traumatized. You didn't know it was coming and it's not something you would've wanted." she explained to me, sitting down on the hallway floor. I slumped down next to her, shutting my eyes.

"I want to forget it so badly... It bothers me."

"Why does it bother you?" she questioned further.

"Because... I don't know... Because I couldn't do anything about it and it was so sudden..." I replied, clutching my legs close to my chest.

"Are you certain there are no other contributing factors? Like, you're sure you're a heterosexual, right?" she asked seeming skeptical of my ability to judge my own sexual orientation.

"Um, yeah, I'm pretty sure." I said flatly. "Pfsh, why would you think that I'm not?"

"I'm not saying that you aren't heterosexual. I'm just asking if you are certain, because an attraction could be factored in otherwise." she told me before standing up again. This conversation seemed to include a lot of standing and sitting...

"Well alright..." I mumble.

"I have to admit, someone who's supposed to be your big brother liking you is kind of creepy." the short girl thought out loud.

"I know," I agreed with my busty friend as I stood from the floor.

"The best thing you can do is not think about it, or at least try." she said as I walked back into the bedroom. She stayed in the doorway. "Hey, my parents want me home in a bit, so I should get going. See you two." she waved goodbye as she left the house.