Chapter 2 - The Arrival

"Arrival is not merely about coming to a place, but about making a place for oneself." - Junot Diaz

Nora's heart was racing as they drove into Glencoe. She had been looking forward to this day for months, but now that it was finally here, she couldn't help feeling a mix of emotions. The town was just as beautiful as her mother had described, with towering mountains and lush greenery at every turn. Nora couldn't wait to explore every inch of it. As they drove through the town, Nora felt a pang of sadness as she realized she was leaving her childhood behind. However, she was also nervous about starting a new chapter of her life, but excited for all the possibilities that awaited her.

Nora's best friend Lily, who was also Mrs. Smith's daughter, was sitting beside her in the car. They had been best friends since kindergarten, and now they were both starting college together at Grey College. Nora knew that having Lily by her side would make this transition much easier.

Finally, they pulled up to the Grey College dorms, and Nora felt a jolt of excitement as she stepped out of the car. She was ready for this new adventure, ready to see what the future held. And with Lily by her side, she knew she could handle whatever came her way. Along with their parents, they walked to the receptionist, Nora glancing at her watch and saw that it was 3:30, they were just in time.

On their way to the office building, the four of them (Ms. Dawson, Mrs. Smith, Nora, and Lily) discussed the school's beautiful architecture. The buildings were made of sandstone and had a classic, timeless look to them.

They walked into the office building and were greeted by a lady behind a desk, her name tag read Ms. Jones. She greeted them in a friendly manner and welcomed them to Grey College. She asked for Nora and Lily's names, and Nora provided them to her. Ms. Jones typed on her keyboard and told them that they would be staying in Saffira Hall. She stood up and handed them the keys and two maps of the campus. They thanked her and walked out of the office building.

As they made light conversation on the way back to the car, Nora couldn't help but feel excited about the new adventure that awaited her. She had heard so many great things about Grey College, and she couldn't wait to explore the campus and make new friends.

They got in the car and drove to Saffira Hall, which was not far away at all. They arrived within minutes, and Nora was taken aback by the beauty of the building. It was a large, sandstone building with intricate carvings and columns. Nora's mother got out of the car first, followed by the rest of them. She opened the trunk and started taking their suitcases out. Lily had four suitcases, and Nora only had three and a backpack. Lily took two of her suitcases, and her mother took the other two. Nora and her mother decided to take two of Nora's suitcases each as well.

Nora looked at their room numbers and saw that they were staying in Room 201, which was on the second floor. They walked into Saffira, and Nora saw the receptionist sitting by her desk. She walked up to her and signed in for herself and Lily. The receptionist gave them directions to the elevator and told them that their room was the first room on the second floor. The dorms were only shared by two people and came with their own private bathroom and kitchen. They followed her directions and were standing in front of their dorm room in no time.

The college provided them with all the furniture and equipment they would need, so they only brought their clothes and bedding. I pass the keys to Lily and she happily opens the door. We walk inside and the two of us gasp. "Wow! It is beautiful and huge." Lily says still gaping at the room. We each have our own bedroom, a small kitchen, a small living room and a bathroom. I put my suitcases down and thank my mom for helping me. "We're going to go settle into our hotel so long, I suggest you guys do the same. We can meet at a diner just off campus, Jasmine's, for dinner. Is that fine with you girls?" my mom asks us. Lily and I nod. "Okay, love you" Lily and I tell them as they walk out the door. We hear them both reply with "Love you guys too."

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Hey Guys! I hope you are enjoying the story. It would mean the world to me if you vote and share the story xx Thank you♡

PS: I will be updating daily for the next three days.