Chapter 19 - Back To College

"Life is a highway, and I want to ride it all night long, especially if there's good music and someone singing along with me in the car." - Unknown

Nora woke up to the sound of her mom humming in the kitchen. She smiled, feeling grateful to be back home.

She went to the bathroom, took a shower, and got dressed. She went to the kitchen, hugged her mom, and asked her what they were going to do today.

"Well, we thought we could have lunch at Lily's parents' house before you and Lily go back to college," her mom replied.

Nora's face lit up with excitement. She had missed Lily's parents as well.

They had known each other since they were kids, and they had always treated Nora like one of their own.

"That sounds great! When are we leaving?" Nora asked.

"In about an hour. We have to go to the market to get some ingredients for the salad and dessert that we're bringing," her mom replied.

Nora nodded and started helping her mom prepare breakfast.

They made pancakes and bacon, and Nora's brother joined them at the table. They talked about old memories and laughed together.

After breakfast, they got ready and headed to the market. Nora and her brother wandered around, picking up snacks and drinks for the road trip back to college.

They also picked out some flowers to bring as a gift for Lily's mom.

When they arrived at Lily's house, they were greeted with open arms. Lily's parents hugged Nora and her family and welcomed them inside.

The house was cozy and smelled of delicious food. Lily's mom had cooked her famous lasagna and Nora's mom had brought her famous apple pie.

After lunch, they sat outside on the patio, chatting and enjoying the warm sun.

Nora's mom and Lily's mom talked about their lives, and Nora and Lily talked about college and their plans for the future. Nora's brother, who was a bit older, spoke to Mr. Smith about his football careeer.

As the day went on, the sky started to get darker and it was time for Nora and Lily to head back to college.

They said goodbye to Lily's parents, promising to visit again soon. Nora's mom hugged them tightly, wishing them a safe trip back.

As they drove back to college, Nora felt a sense of happiness and contentment.

She realized that no matter how much time had passed, her childhood home and family would always hold a special place in her heart.

The weekend had flown by so quickly, and it was hard to leave the comfort of our parents' home behind.

We had spent the past few days catching up, eating delicious food, and enjoying the company of our family. But now it was time to head back to college and return to our busy lives.

I turned on the radio and we immediately started singing along to Taylor Swift's latest hit.

Lily and I had always shared a love for music, and car rides were the perfect opportunity to bond over our favorite artists.

We continued to sing along as we drove down the highway, occasionally switching the radio station to find new songs to belt out.

The five-hour drive went by surprisingly quickly, and before we knew it, we had arrived at Saffira Hall. It was a relief to be back on campus, but I couldn't help but feel a sense of emptiness.

I missed my family already, and it was strange to be back in my dorm room after spending the past few days in a house full of people.

Lily and I quickly unpacked our suitcases and headed inside. We ran into a few familiar faces in the common room, but we were both too tired to chat for long.

We said our goodbyes and headed up to our respective rooms.

As soon as I entered my room, I dropped my bags on the floor and collapsed onto my bed. It felt good to be back in my own space, but it also felt a little lonely.

I picked up my phone and messaged my mom, my brother, William, and Luca to let them know we had made it back to college safely.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Hey Guys! I hope you are enjoying the story. It would mean the world to me if you vote and share the story xx Thank you♡

PS: I will be updating daily for the next three days.