Chapter 27 - Date Three

"Family is not an important thing. It's everything." - Michael J. Fox

The next morning I was once again woken up by someone knocking on my door. 

By now I know who it is.

I walked over to the door and opened it.

On the floor lay one rose.

I picked up the rose and it read, "I want you to know that you are important to me not just because of what you do, but because of who you are. You are an amazing person, and I'm so lucky to know you. And for that reason I am inviting you to meet the important people in my life: My parents, grandparents and cousin. We normally have a weekly family dinner and I would love if you would join me. All my love, Luca."

"Wow! I'm actually suprised by this note. I did not expect this at all. I would lie if I said that I am not delighted though and nervous" I thought to myself.

I do not have class today, yes!

I took a shower, brushed my teeth, got dressed and ate breakfast.

I decided to give my mom a call.

This is how it went:

Nora: Hi, Mom! It's been a while, how are you doing?

Mom: Oh, Nora! I miss you so much! I'm doing okay, just busy with work. How about you?

Nora: I miss you too, Mom. I'm doing well. Actually, I wanted to tell you about Luca. He's taking me on 5 dates in 7 days to prove his affections to me.

Mom: Wow! That's so sweet of him. How do you feel about it?

Nora: Honestly, I'm a bit overwhelmed, but it's nice to feel appreciated.

Mom: Well, just make sure he's respectful and treats you right. You deserve nothing less.

Nora: Don't worry, Mom. I'm being careful. How's work going for you?

Mom: It's been hectic, as usual. Being a lawyer is not an easy job, but I love it.

Nora: I know, you're such a hard worker. 

Nora:  It was great talking to you.

Mom: You too, Nora. Call me again soon, okay?

Nora: I will. Bye, Mom. Love you.

Mom: Bye, sweetie. Love you too.

After talking to my mom, I sit on the couch and watch some Netflix.

After a few hours of just relaxing I decide it is time to get ready.

Nora felt both excited and nervous as she prepared to meet Luca's family. She wanted to make a good impression and show them that she was the right person for their son and grandson.

She started getting ready, carefully selecting the perfect outfit and doing her hair and makeup. She opted for a knee-length dress in a soft blue color, paired with nude heels and simple jewelry. She wanted to look stylish and put-together, but also comfortable enough to be able to sit and chat for hours.

As she stood in front of the mirror, she took a deep breath and reminded herself to be confident and true to herself. She knew that Luca liked her just the way she was, and that was all that mattered.

After she finished getting ready, she grabbed her purse and made her way to Luca's house. (Luca wanted to pick her up, but she had insisted that she will drive to their house) As she walked up the front steps, she could feel her heart pounding in her chest. She took a deep breath and rang the doorbell.

Luca's mother answered the door and greeted Nora warmly. She introduced herself and invited Nora inside, showing her around the house and introducing her to the rest of the family.

Luca's father, grandparents, and cousin were all there, and Nora felt a little overwhelmed by the number of people in the room. Luca's mom introduced her to the family and that is when she realized that Elle is Luca's cousin. Elle gave her a hug and told her that she is happy to see her. Nora was still feeling overwhelmed  but as they started talking, she quickly relaxed and felt like she was part of the family. Elle played a big role in that.

Luca noticed that Elle and Nora know each other and gave her a warm smile.

Luca's grandmother complimented her dress and asked her about her job and hobbies, while his grandfather shared stories from his youth. 

As they sat down to dinner, Nora felt grateful to be surrounded by such warm and welcoming people. Luca's mother had prepared a delicious meal, and everyone enjoyed the food and conversation.

After dinner, they all gathered in the living room and talked for hours, sharing stories and laughter. Nora felt like she had known these people her whole life, and she was grateful for the opportunity to get to know Luca's family on a deeper level.

As the night wore on, Luca's grandmother pulled Nora aside and whispered in her ear. "You are such a lovely girl, and Luca is lucky to have you in his life. I can tell that you make him very happy."

Nora felt tears prickling at the corners of her eyes as she hugged the sweet old woman. She knew that she had found a special place in Luca's family, and that they welcomed her with open arms.

Luca's parents and grandparents retired to their rooms, leaving Luca, Elle and Nora alone.

The three of them talked a bit on how Elle and Nora had met, before Nora said that it is getting late and that she should get home.

Elle stood up and gave her a hug and thanked her for her company. 

Luca walked Nora to her car and apologized that he did not spend much individual time together.

Nora disagreed and said that she had one of the best nights of her life, she loved his family.

Luca leaned down and pressed his lips against her forehead before pulling her in for a hug and whispering "You're something else" and smiling.

Nora pulled away and wished him goodnight before getting into her car and driving back to Saffira Hall.

She felt like she had gained not only a potential boyfriend but also a new family, and she was excited to see what the future held for her and Luca.