Chapter 21 - The Mall

"Going to the mall with friends is not just about shopping, it's about creating memories and having fun together." - Unknown

Nora woke up feeling refreshed and ready for the day. She checked the time on her phone and realized she had a few hours until her classes started at 3 pm. 

She walked over to Lily's room and gently shook her awake.

"Lily, wake up. Luca invited us to dinner tonight at 7 pm at the new Italian restaurant," Nora said excitedly.

Lily rubbed her eyes and sat up in bed, a smile spreading across her face. "That sounds great. I'm definitely in. What should we wear?"

Nora grinned. "Something nice. It's a fancy restaurant. Let's go shopping and pick out some outfits."

Lily jumped out of bed, eager to start the day. Nora messaged Elle, asking if she wanted to join them at the mall. Elle replied within minutes, agreeing to come along.

Nora and Lily got dressed quickly, throwing on some casual clothes, and drove to Jasmine's to pick up Elle. They were blasting Taylor Swift in the car, singing along loudly and laughing. They arrived at Jasmine's, and Elle hopped in the car.

"Hey, guys! Ready for some retail therapy?" Elle said, grinning.

Nora nodded enthusiastically. "Definitely. I need a new outfit for dinner tonight."

They drove to the mall, chatting and catching up on each other's lives. Once they arrived, they split up, each going in different directions to find the perfect outfit.

Nora walked into her favorite store, browsing through the racks of clothes. She found a stunning dress, a deep emerald green that would look great with her dark hair. She tried it on, and it fit perfectly. She twirled in front of the mirror, feeling like a princess.

Lily found a cute jumpsuit with a floral pattern, and Elle picked out a sleek black dress that showed off her curves. They met up in the food court, each holding their new outfits.

"I love what you guys picked out," Nora said, admiring their clothes.

"Me too," Lily agreed, grinning.

They spent the rest of their time at the mall  shopping, trying on clothes, and laughing. Nora felt grateful to have such wonderful friends in her life.

At 2:30 pm Nora asked Lily to drop her off at college. 

Lily and Elle dropped me off at college and then drove to drop Elle off. 

We wanted to invite Elle to dinner with us, but she unfortunately has other arrangements. 

I walked to my class and sat down in the front row. 

The Professor walked in and started her lesson. I paid attention and took notes.

The class finished and I was busy packing up when Professor Ederson came up to me. It went like this:

Professor Ederson: Hi Nora, can I have a word with you about your recent assignment?

Nora: Sure, Professor. Is there a problem with it?

Professor Ederson: Actually, quite the opposite. Your assignment was outstanding! I wanted to commend you on a job well done and let you know that I expect you to keep up the good work.

Nora: Thank you so much, Professor. I really appreciate your kind words.

Professor Ederson: Of course, Nora. Your hard work hasn't gone unnoticed. In fact, if you continue to do well, I may have an amazing internship opportunity for you.

Nora: That sounds incredible, Professor! Thank you for considering me.

Professor Ederson: You're welcome, Nora. Just keep up the great work and the opportunities will keep coming your way.

Nora: I will, Professor. Thank you again.

Professor Ederson: No problem, Nora. Have a great day.

I walked out of her class with a massive smile on my face.