Prologue: Chapter 1

Author's POV:

Old Beta, "So, you caught him?!"

Seokjin, "We did! He's a repeat offender; I am glad we were able to get him off the streets quickly."

"I'm so relieved! Thank you, Officer Seokjin!"

"Don't mention it. It's all thanks to your eyewitness info, Beta."

Mr. Ham, "Is that you, Seokjin?"

"Mr. Ham! How's everything going?"

"Great! Your advice really helped with our peeping-tom situation."

"Really?!"

"I put that gravel down outside the window, like you said. Now, you can hear it whenever someone walks by. The peeping-toms don't come around anymore!"

"That's great! I couldn't let them just get away with peeping on omegas trying to take a bath!" Seokjin work in the West Son Police Department's Community Safety Unit. As far as job titles go, he's a detective. He's still super green though, it's only he's second year on the force. Jin's friends are always telling him that he don't look like a detective, and that he don't carry himself like a detective and stuff.

Old Beta, "We can rest easy with you around, Officer Seokjin."

Mr. Ham, "We're in good hands with a talented detective like you here."

"You guys are too kind, really..." Seokjin lets out as he don't deal with serial killers, terrorists, the mafia or anything, but he think that creating a safe community for werewolves to live in is an important job. Werewolves come to him with their problems, and they work to solve them together. That's the kind of detective work he's best at. Or at least that's what he thought, until that beta called his name and changed everything.

"Are you Detective Seokjin?"

"Y-Yes, Beta." Who is this guy? Seokjin feel like he have seen him before somewhere.

"You are going to the MPD."

"The Metropolitan Police Department?"

"Yep."

"Um, what do you mean?"

"You are moving to the Metro Police Special Investigations Unit, today. Look." He says, as he unfolds a piece of paper.

"Notice of Personnel Transfer Detective Kim Seokjin is hereby transferred, from the West Son Community Safety Unit, to the Metropolitan Police Special Investigations: 2nd Unit. Effective immediately."

"See?"

"T-Transferred?" Seokjin pauses before exclaiming, "...But I haven't heard anything about this!"

"Well, yeah, obviously. This is my first time telling you."

"I guess, but..."

"It's a promotion. The guys in Special Investigations are our best and brightest. They go after the big dogs."

"Best and brightest?"

"Well, they are definitely a little...eccentric too, though."

"Eccentric?"

"Never mind about that... Anyway, good luck!"

"Hey, wait a second!"

"Oh. Sorry about that, I am Jung, with the Metro PD. Remember that name."

"No, that wasn't what I was going to-"

"See ya later!"

And that's how he ended up here. Seokjin stand in front of the Metro Police Department. Wow. The MPD building is really impressive. What is up with this sudden transfer? There must've been some mistake. Without thinking, Seokjin turn around to start back the way he came. Wait. Seokjin can't just ignore an official transfer notice. Seokjin gather his courage and head towards the building. But, actually. "Whoa!!" Seokjin turn around to find a alpha in a three piece suit standing immediately behind him.