Chapter 13

Author's POV:

Seokjin take the documents given to him by Dr. Jeon to the crime lab. It's so late, Seokjin wonder if Sungjun's still here. Seokjin look down at his watch and it's 11:00 PM. Sungjun, "Seokjin-ssi. Hello."

Seokjin, "Hi. You were still here. I am glad..."

"Dr. Jeon contacted me. You brought it for me, right? Thank you."

"No. My pleasure!"

"..." Sungjun takes the envelope with both hands, confirms the contents and nods. "I can't compare with Dr. Jeon."

"?"

"I hope the data I pull out of this will lead to the criminal."

"What's the analysis request for?"

"It might not amount to anything so I'll explain in detail once the results are out. But if I analyze this data from Dr. Jeon, and put it together with Sodam-ssi's digital forensics, we may be able to narrow down who the criminal is." Digital forensics. Simply put, it's a scientific investigation technique to analyze and collect information pertaining to computer security. So does he mean matching that with a forensics opinion...? Dr. Jeon and Sodam are both doing their best in different areas from them.

"...I need to work hard on what I'm capable of doing too."

"Yes. We won't be able to work without you guys doing the investigation." Sungjun quickly glances over to the clock on the wall. "I was just going to take a short break... Would you like some coffee? It's just instant coffee, but I can make some for you. To thank you for bringing the documents by."

"Really?! I'm not getting in your way...?"

"Of course not. Everyone left already so I wanted someone to talk to."

"Than okay!"

Sungjun laughs. "Thank you." Sungjun rolls a chair over for him and makes coffee for the two of them in the back.

"Thank you."

"So how is it going with Dr. Jeon? Seokjin-ssi, I feel like you would be able to get along okay with him."

"I think I am getting the hang of it. I lose if I act timid."

"Nice."

"I feel kind of bad for being really blunt with him when he hates omegas. But it's work."

"I think that's fine. I don't think he'd talk to you at all if he hated you, so it's no problem." Sungjun seems close to Dr. Jeon so he wonder if he knows anything.

"Umm, Sungjun-ssi. This is about Dr. Jeon..."

"?"

"He handled the autopsy of President Seon's beta son 6 years ago, right?"

"...What about it?" Sungjun looks at him with a serious gaze and closes the door that was left open. "Sorry, I don't want anyone to overhear us..."

"...?" Sungjun's gaze floats throughout the closed room, as if he's trying to find the right words to say. "I tried asking Dr. Jeon but he wouldn't answer..."