Chapter 12

Author's POV:

Jungkook, "..." Seokjin didn't understand it at all. Shouldn't you at least think a little about how the remaining family members think? At that time, Seokjin was angry at Dr. Jeon, without even knowing him well. Those words probably shouldn't have been said to someone who confronts the dead on a daily basis. An argument based on emotions can't save anyone. Seokjin just took those words at face value. He's an idiot. How foolish could he be? Seokjin was so absorbed with how the victims were feeling, that he judged this werewolf based on his assumption. In the first place, how could he have said, 'the way we think is different' or 'We don't understand each other', when he barely knew that wolf? It certainly doesn't take much to misunderstand him though. He have seen Dr. Jeon work with his own eyes. Seokjin know how much time he spends confronting each death, and how he puts himself into it. There must have been some reason on why he acted that way towards Dake. He's not sure what it is though. Seokjin can't imagine that he would hurt someone for no reason.

"Oh..." Dr. Jeon's lab coat slips off of his shoulder. Seokjin walk closer and gently place it back over his shoulder. Dr. Jeon jerks up at the sound of the cloth rustling.

"!"

"Oh, sorry... I woke you up."

"...You again, Kim Seokjin. Don't do anything unnecessary."

"..." If only he wasn't like this.

"..." Huh...? Normally, a few more blizzards would occur but Dr. Jeon's kind of acting tame. Or more like he's lacking spirit, like how Dr. Jaejoong was this morning.

"Are you okay...?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I guess medical examiners get like that regularly. Dr. Jaejoong was also kind of glum..."

"I'm not tired."

"You should just be tired. No need to pretend when you are in your own lab."

"..." Dr. Jeon reaches his hand out towards the end of his desk without looking, almost out of habit. But something seems to be missing at the usual location and he frowns. He doesn't have his chocolates.

"...Is the chocolate from the fridge, okay? I can go get it if you don't mind."

"...I've run out." Th-This might be a crisis.

"Oh yeah. I bought this at the convenience store this morning. There were new chocolates for sale... Would you like some?" Seokjin rummage through his bag to pull it out, Dr. Jeon twitches. "I couldn't resist because it was a new product from Maijeu."

"..."

"I knew it, you like Maijeu. Dr. Jeon, your chocolates bars are usually Maijeu ones."

"..." Seems like he's even lazy to open his mouth. Seokjin go ahead and make some coffee, and place the Maijeu chocolate bars with the coffee on Dr. Jeon's desk.

"Here you go."

"..." Dr. Jeon takes a sip of the coffee and picks up the chocolate bar. He peels back the foil so half of the bar is showing, and takes a bite into it, without breaking off a piece. The scent of coffee and the sound of Dr. Jeon biting the chocolate fills the room.