Chapter 5

Author's POV:

3 days since they began the 24-hour escort. They are back from the university lab to Dr. Jeon's apartment. Taehyung, "Then Seokjin-ssi, I will leave the rest to you. I am going to stay here."

Seokjin, "Okay."

"..." A silent Dr. Jeon steps out of the car, opens the self-locking door and goes in, without a word.

"H-Hey, wait a second!" Jin's hushed voice echoes throughout the quiet late night.

Seokjin's sure it's not gonna be easy escorting Jungkook. It's completely different from escorting him during the day time. It's night, at his home. And it's Jin. Dr. Jeon has his lips pursed like usual, as he slides his key card into the door.

***

Jungkook, "...You surely aren't planning to escort me into my house?"

Seokjin, "...That's my plan."

"I refuse."

"H-Hey!" Once inside, Dr. Jeon tries to close the door without a word. "There's a chance that you may be in danger, and that's why we're here. Forget about hating betas and omegas for now!" Seokjin pause before questioning, "...Or is it because it's me?"

"It is simply that I dislike omegas. It's not that I am criticizing you, personally. So there's no need to get depressed. Kim Seokjin, even if another omega detective comes, I will treat them the same way." So difficult.

"But that also means you hate me because I am a omega!"

"...Well, that's right. Give up."

"Don't say that...! I can't protect you like that!"

"You can't even deal with just me. Who can you protect anything from?"

"Wha...!" Does he have to put it like that...?!

The door closes and he hear it click as it locks. Yah, Seokjin hate him! Seokjin report to Taehyung and stand ready at the entrance with a sour face. Jaejoong, "Wow, Seokjin-ssi really is here."

"Dr. Jaejoong... What are you doing here so late?" It's already past 1:00 in the morning. Dr. Jaejoong walks towards Jin, trying to hold his laughter.

"I came to drop off some documents he asked for." Jaejoong laughs. "I've never seen a omega locked out in the middle of the night."

"...It's not funny."

"It'll be funny to watch too, if you were guarding him inside though. I've never been inside either."

"What? Really?"

"You know how he is. He hates it when people intrude. So I just drop it off, like this." He rings the doorbell and Dr. Jeon comes out within a few seconds.

***

Jungkook, "Thanks. You can come into work in the afternoon tomorrow."

Jaejoong, "We have a lot of work so I will be there early."

"I won't stop you." Jungkook pause before questioning, "...What? You were still here?"