Chapter 3

Author's POV:

Seokjin, "Yes." The following day, he's called over to the lieutenant's desk.

Taehyung, "Can you go over to Jeon's again now?"

"What...?"

"They're handing over the body this afternoon. It's just the 21-year old grandson. Taking care of the victim is also part of our work. We need their cooperation with a hearing if they can talk. Seokjin-ssi, I'll leave that judgement to you."

"...Yes, alpha." Taehyung's trying to trust Jin with an important responsibility. All of his conflict with Dr. Jeon dissipates immediately. He's gonna do his best. Yeah, he will work hard. He's not going to become an embarrassment to 2nd Unit. "I'm off."

"I'll follow you later."

"Yes." Seokjin have a black suit in his locker. Even though it's not much different from the grey pantsuit he's wearing now. He'll change before going. Seokjin hurry up and get ready before heading to Saengmyeong University.

***

Jungkook, "Kim Seokjin, why did you come?"

Seokjin, "Please let me stand in during the handover of the body."

"..." Dr. Jeon looks surprised for a moment, and stops flipping through his papers. "...Do what you want."

"Thank you." Seokjin thought he would consider him more of a burden. But maybe not. "Umm, is Dr. Jaejoong..."

"..." ignored...! It seems like they can't hold a proper conversation without Dr. Jaejoong. Dr. Jeon leaves the lab without saying a word, and Seokjin silently follow Jungkook.

People come by to pick up President Seon's body on time. His grandson Seon Dake, and an executive at Seon Constructions, Beo. And staff from the funeral home. "Seon, umm..."

"..." Silent Seon ignores him and walks straight towards Dr. Jeon and grabs him by the collar.

Jungkook, "..."

Seokjin, "Seon!"

Beo, "Dake, stop." Dake doesn't listen to them at all and glares at Dr. Jeon.

Dake, "...You again."

Jungkook, "..." 'Again'...?

"Say something!"

"The records of the appraisal are in the details. I've done everything that I can."

"...You cut up Gramps and you're saying you are done because you've seen it all? It's the same as with Dad!"

"Yeah, that's right. If you want to hold a grudge, hold it against the criminal."

Seokjin, "What! You didn't have to say it like that...!" Dr. Jeon coldly brushes Seon away. He either lost his will to fight or lost all hope. Dake falls down onto his knees and starts to bawl.

Dake, "Uh... Gramps..."

Jungkook, "..."

Seokjin, "..." Dr. Jeon also handled his father's case. Notification of a judicial autopsy is carried out right after the incident, of course. It's difficult for family to process the fact that a loving family member has died. It must all feel like a nightmare. Right now, they'll be checking the body, notifying company personnel and acquaintances, cooperate in the police investigations with interviews, and arrange the funeral. There's so much to do that their cries are left behind.