Chapter 7

Author's POV:

Jungkook, "...Aren't you here more often than the rest?"

Seokjin, "It's equal. I saw you 2 days ago, but that's just the rotation."

"..." Seokjin look at the white board hanging on the office wall of the Medical Examiner's office. It seems like today is outside rounds.

Jaejoong, "Dr. Jeon! Seems like the car is ready. I am gonna go to."

Seokjin, "I'll go with you to the inspection."

Jungkook, "...Don't get in my way."

"Of course." Dr. Jaejoong heads to an inspection as the medical examiner for another group. Dr. Jeon picks up the black bag he uses for outside work, and hurries to the parking lot where the driver and his assistant are waiting.

Dead body in a hotel room. The first place they come to is a business hotel near the station. Clerk, "There was a phone call to the front desk last night. Her medicine was running out so she wanted someone to bring more..."

Jungkook, "Medicine?"

"She was a writer who had stayed with us for a long time, so we knew that she had asthma. But it was the first time that she mentioned her medicine, so we told her we can't help. We introduced her to a nearby hospital... And she seemed normal like usual then." This morning, an employee visited her room but there was no answer. They got worried and unlocked the door to get in. A beta writer in her 50s was crouched over on the bed.

"They said it was a sudden death from an attack. We found prescription medicine from her bag too." An officer from the jurisdiction who had arrived earlier, says as he hands a small bag over to Dr. Jeon.

Jungkook, "...An aspirin-induced asthma patient. Even if she asked for medicine from the front desk, she couldn't have taken any medicine that's not prescribed. So there's no need for the hotel staff to feel the blame."

Clerk, "But.. If only I had come earlier..." It's hard not to think that. Dr. Jeon's assistant puts his hands together in prayer before undressing the beta. Her body had began to stiffen and it's pretty demanding physically.

"..." Whoa. Dr. Jeon's fingertips touch the body in a flowing motion. His gaze is sharp but somewhat sad. And still warm. It's a strange sight. He've seen body inspections several times since he came to 2nd Unit. But this is completely different. This might be inconsiderate but there's beauty to Dr. Jeon's inspection.

Driver, "The writer's family...?"

Officer, "She doesn't have any."

Seokjin, "Not even one?"

"No."

"Then we will be taking her." The driver from the Medical Examiner's office places medical certificate documents into a binder as he talks, and next to him. Dr. Jeon's giving instructions to his assistant.

Jungkook, "Not yet."

Assistant, "But it was an asthma attack, right?"

"There are still some things we haven't confirmed yet. What will you do if it was a different cause of death? The dead can't speak. But the dead body doesn't lie." Jungkook paused before stating, "...Our job is to not miss anything they have to say."