Chapter 6

Author's POV:

And the quiet footsteps of wolves who sometimes pass by the lab. It's too quiet. Maybe it's because he's used to working at 2nd Unit, but he feel nervous when he work here. It's almost 1:00 PM now. Seokjin should probably have lunch soon. Seokjin casually glance up at the clock on the wall when the phone rings. "Yes." Jaejoong pauses before letting out, "...Oh, yeah. We are having the students stay out of the lab for a while... In that case, I can go to the conference room." The escorting's even affecting the students. Dr. Jaejoong quickly hangs up and apologetically scratches at his temple. "Seokjin-ssi, I know we had lunch plans and I am sorry... But I have to leave for a bit."

Seokjin, "Okay. When will you be back?"

"I think it'll take about 2 hours."

"...Got it."

"It will be okay! You're not gonna die from just being alone with Dr. Jeon."

"You're right!"

Jungkook, "...Annoying."

Jaejoong, "Then Dr. Jeon..."

"Go."

"Okay!" He's gonna be alone with Dr. Jeon for a while now. Dr. Jaejoong worriedly glances over at him while getting ready, but they're both just doing their job. It can't be helped. He puts his hands together to apologize once again before leaving the lab.

"..."

"..." A silent Seokjin contemplates before letting out, "...Umm..."

"Don't open your mouth. I have no need to speak with you."

"Decide if it's necessary or not after you listen to me!"

"Don't get all feisty. It's a waste of time."

"We'll never be able to talk if I'm not feisty." Although he feel like he always need to be ready to fight, they are somehow able to argue now. Jungkook used to treat Jin like a bug in the beginning, but now Jungkook deals with Jin like a 'wolf'. Seokjin think. He's so easy.

"Fine, I will listen if you insist. It must be a very important matter."

"Uh... Dr. Jeon." Seokjin pauses before asking, "...Aren't you getting hungry soon?"

"That was it? Weren't you going to the cafeteria? You should do as you like."

"I can't leave you alone."

"I don't need a omega to protect me, I can do that myself."

"But it's my job."

"There is no reason for me to be protected by a omega." If he keep talking back, it's going to end up in their usual argument.

"Whatever you say, I have to stay by your side. Dr. Jeon, to protect you." Seokjin pauses before saying, "...Unconditionally."

"...That again."

"That's not going to become a lie!"

"..."

"..." They are basically glaring at each other while the second hand on the clock keeps ticking. Just then.
*growllll*
A stomach growl shyly echoes throughout the room. Hm? That wasn't his stomach, right...? Even though he wouldn't be surprised if his did.