Chapter 9

Author's POV:

Seokjin, "Doesn't it feel kind of...hazy?"

"What do you mean, hazy?" Jimin asks him in a challenging tone as they walk back to the car.

"However much he hates the police, it's the police doing the investigation. If someone close to you dies, wouldn't you want to learn the reason behind it?"

"Well yeah."

"I can understand about Dake. His father and his grandfather, he had to part with them in such painful ways... Beo, who worked together with him at this company is similar, too. But...isn't it strange that there's not even one wolf, who can take a step back and calmly cooperate with us?" Beo's not the only executive here either. There are others, but they all say 'there's nothing to say', when they try to approach them.

"Beo Chongyong's probably using his influence as acting president. It really does feel like they are trying to distance themselves from the police, more than is necessary."

"Yes... Oh, and this might be irrelevant, but..."

"What?"

"Did you see Beo's ring finger?"

"Yeah, the mark of a ring? It looked like he removed it recently."

"Huh...? You can tell?"

"Maybe the size was a bit small. You could see the line clearly on his finger. Those go away after a few days."

"..." Seokjin wonder if he should put it in the report, just in case? Even though it might be irrelevant. He will go back to 2nd Unit now and write today's investigation report. "Jimin-ssi, you were in charge of escorting today, right?"

"Yeah. Apparently tomorrow's his day off."

"Yah..." Seokjin's in charge of escorting Jungkook from tomorrow morning. Dr. Jeon's day off? Seokjin's sure Jungkook'll totally cast him out. "I have to see your face even on my day off? I am going to vomit... I know he's going to say something like that. Definitely."

"I bet."

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

"When the case drags on for this long, that's all there is to laugh about."

"..." Seokjin can't imagine how it'll be tomorrow. Seokjin feel deflated as he step into the car.

***

Jungkook, "..."

"...Good morning." Seokjin say as he switch out with Jimin as planned for the escort, and join Dr. Jeon. "I heard today is your day off. Please do not mind me and enjoy yourself."

"I have to see your face even on my occasional day off? I feel like vomiting."

"..." Exactly like his prediction.

"..." Dr. Jeon completely ignores his presence and begins to walk slowly.

Seokjin wonder where he's going. It makes Jin look suspicious when he walk behind Jungkook like this. A good-looking alpha, at a glance. With a stalker following him. "Umm, I have a suggestion..."

"What?"

"I won't interfere so can I walk next to you?"

"..." He hates it so much that it's making him freeze. He's so thorough with his omega-hating that it's almost funny. "You are telling me to walk alongside a omega?"

"Umm... Isn't that better than being followed by a omega?"

"..." Dr. Jeon thinks it over for a long time, before scooting over towards the road a little. Does this mean. Seokjin can walk beside him? "This is humiliating."

"Why?"

"Don't talk to me."

"Even if you say that..." Dr. Jeon looks glum as he walks into the neighborhood supermarket.

Uh-oh...! Dr. Jeon, where did you go...?! They exit the market onto the main street near the station when Seokjin lose Jungkook. Can't believe he lost who he's supposed to be guarding...! Seokjin quickly glance around his surroundings. Huh...? Isn't this...? This street is lined with cute accessory shops and cafes popular among betas and omegas. It definitely doesn't seem like a place that Dr. Jeon would want to be. Oh, wait a second. That store with long lines should be around here. A handsome chocolatier who trained in Italy opened up a shop around here. He've heard it's always busy.

***

Seokjin, "Found him..."

Jungkook, "..." Seokjin secretly observe the situation from far away, so Dr. Jeon doesn't notice him. Among the happily squealing young customers, Dr. Jeon's face pops up. His wry face doesn't suit the stylish area. But he doesn't move away from the line.

Beta, "Oh! That one. I think they just put out fresh ones!"

"..." Dr. Jeon gazes intently at the chocolates being lined up in the glass case. He must really like chocolate a lot. It's kind of cute. Seokjin feel like he should use him for times like this. Come to think of it, Dr. Jeon doesn't rely much on wolves. It seems like he cooks most of his meals too. Seokjin guess he basically does everything himself. He probably doesn't want to talk to Jin, or owe him anything. It is his day off. Seokjin will leave Jungkook alone. "..."

Seokjin, "Oh..." Dr. Jeon notices Jin.

"..." He just pretended like he didn't see Jin. Seokjin walk up to him since he noticed him, and Dr. Jeon languidly lets out a sigh. "...I don't feel well."

"Really? That bad? Sorry to hear that..."

"It's not your fault, but it's all the omegas including you... Why do omegas always want to release pheromones?"

"Oh..." That's what he meant. The scent of a businessomega who just walked by still lingers. And the incessant voices of chatty omegas surround them. They are unmistakably in an area surrounded by omegas.

"My head hurts."

"You can buy it soon. I've never ate chocolates from here. Are they good?"

"I've never tried them either. I rarely get a day off."

"Yeah... But high quality chocolates are nice to have once in a while. Even though I like Maijeu chocolate bars too."

"...Kim Seokjin, you really are a talker if it's about food."

Seokjin laughs. In the meantime, the line moves forward and Dr. Jeon goes into the shop.

***

Jungkook, "What's with the face?"

Seokjin, "Nothing..." At work, Dr. Jeon puts on his lab coat looking very cool. But right now, his hands are holding a plastic bag filled with groceries, and a cute paper bag from the chocolate shop. It's near impossible to keep a straight face.

"There's nothing for you."

"What! I wasn't longing for anything!" Even though he would love to have some!

"Fine, I have no time to be concerned about you." Dr. Jeon says as he begins to hastily walk back towards his house.

"W-Wait up! Dr. Jeon...!"

"How can I wait? Chocolates are my priority."