Chapter 1

Author's POV

Seokjin feel like the last few minutes just got him really tired. Jungkook, "So are you done with your work?"

Seokjin, "Oh, yes... I looked over the body and Sungjun-ssi took photos of where we'd like to investigate further."

"Then fine. Leave."

"What?!" Leave...?! Seokjin really don't get it.

Sungjun, "Seokjin-ssi, sorry... Dr. Jeon has a dislike for betas and omegas..."

"...Seems that way."

Sodam, "Well now... How funny."

Jimin, "Wait, hold on. He sees Seokjin-ssi as a omega? What's going on?"

Yoongi, "Miraculous."

Namjoon, "...Congrats."

Youngbin, "Nice, Jin."

"..." Silently Seokjin's overwhelmed by all that's going on and he don't even feel like talking back. And he still have other things to do, Seokjin can't just leave...!

"Hurry up and pass it through for a judicial autopsy." Jungkook says as he hands a binder over to an assistant-like beta in a lab coat.

"How brave of him to be the only omega in the 2nd Unit full of alphas and betas."

"Just having a omega there will pollute the air."

"One day, a omega's going to say the same right back at you."

"I don't care what they say."

Seokjin, "..." They just met but he's acting so rude...?!

Jimin, "Boss, I'll arrange for a permit."

Taehyung, "Great, thanks." Everything is going more smoothly than usual. But but...! The process includes a police investigation, inquest by the medical examiner Jungkook, and then they request a permit for a judicial autopsy. If the court issues an Appraisal Permit, the body will be sent to a university's forensics class as an entrustment from the public prosecutor. It's all too much and he start trembling. He acts that way with all betas and omegas...?! It's impossible to work without dealing with any omegas! "Seokjin-ssi, calm down." Taehyung talks to him in a delicate tone as they see Jungkook off.

Seokjin, "...I'm calm."

"I-I see. That's good."

"..." Seokjin look glum. But he can't stay like this forever. Seokjin still feel a bit irritated but he resume his work. Work is work, gotta do it.

Jimin, "Seokjin-ssi, sorry! Go after Dr. Jeon!"

"What..." Jimin's holding a bag that the assistant from earlier was holding. "They forgot it? But he hates omegas, I shouldn't..." There's no time for that. Seokjin quickly glance around and everyone's busy with their work. Going after Jungkook is Jin's job. "...I'll be back."

"Yeah." Seokjin take the black bag and run out.

***

"Dr. Jeon's... Assistant!" Seokjin exclaims as he find the two of them and duck under the caution tape.

Jungkook, "...What do you want, Kim Seokjin?"

"Ohh! Ahh, I did it again! Sorry." The beta notices the bag and apologizes to Jin.

"...Jaejoong-ssi."

"I can sometimes be so careless! Thanks, Seokjin-ssi. My name is Jaejoong, I am studying autopsies with Dr. Jeon."