Chapter 1

*Fanfiction based on Avatar 2: The Way of Water by James Cameron..... I do not own any of the characters!*

The family rode on Payakan's fin, making their way towards the rock where Tsireya sat with Neteyam's body. The girl looked over towards the approaching family and quickly stood up. 

Lo'ak was the first to step off Payakan's fin and onto the rock that provided a small island. He met up with Tsireya who couldn't hold back the tears after seeing him, she had been left alone with Neteyam's lifeless body the whole night.

"I am sorry." Lo'ak spoke up, opening his arms in an embrace into which she clung onto him. His arms wrapped around her body whilst she held onto his lower waist. Soft sniffles came from the girl after finally being in the presence of others. "I am sorry." The boy repeated, guilty after realizing how long he had left her by herself.

Tuk and Kiri quickly followed after Neytiri towards their now lifeless brother. Neytiri sat laying beside her eldest son as she brought his head to her lap. Tuk was gasping, her breathing shaking heavily at the sight. Jake could only swallow hard at the lump in his throat. Lo'ak comforted Tsireya in his arms as he watched Tuk hold onto their older brother's hand, his face had a blank almost empty gaze, there were no more tears he could cry. The morning sun revealed the landscape and what was left of the remaining ships after the battle that took place over the night.

In the distance, Spider swam over toward the family and was assisted onto the small land of rock by Jake. Lo'ak looked over as he heard Kiri call out the name Spider, he gently parted with Tsireya and greeted the human. Before long Jake was embracing the two boys, Lo'ak and Spider against his sides.

Tsireya's eyes filled with tears whilst her brother held her shoulder. The people of the Metkayina clan all watched as Jake and Neytiri broke the water's surface after sending Neteyam's body to rest with Eywa.
The family made their way back onto land where the rest of the Navis stood by the shore, and their death ritual song came to a close.
Jake's hand was reached out to by Tonowari, who bid his condolences along with his wife Ronal.

"We are grieving with you, a parent should never bare this pain." Tonowari gripped Jake's arm tight as Ronal lowered her head with closed eyes, a respectful gesture towards Neytiri.

Ao'nung and Tisreya made their way to their parents, stepping towards the siblings. Tsireya kneeled down to Tuk, holding onto her small frame tightly as tears began falling once again. Ao'nung stood behind Tsireya until he met with Kiri, who seemed to be comforted by Spider.

"I'm sorry." His voice was low speaking out to Kiri, she could only look down with a pained expression.

Tsireya stood up from embracing Tuk who couldn't seem to stop crying. Her feet walked through the shallow water, then came to a stop before Lo'ak. Tsireya's eyes searched his, the boy could only swallow looking back at her before being gently pulled into an embrace. Her shorter frame took his in, arms wrapping around the low of his torso. Lo'ak's eyes shut tight over her shoulder whilst trying his best to suppress the sobs that forced to come out. Tsireya sobbed silently into the boy's chest, expressing her deep sorrow for his loss.
Lo'ak tried his best to be strong, especially in front of the girl that cried into him, however, the emotions seemed to flood him as she held onto him. His hand came to her forearm before parting with her. Lo'ak hurried his way out of the crowd and onto the beach where he found himself walking far from everyone else.

"Lo'ak..." Tsireya's expression saddened as she watched him distance himself, her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes shut tight with tears. Her chin dropped. She couldn't imagine his pain, losing a brother who was so close to him, the girl felt for him deeply.

Lo'ak walked along the shoreline, he had made quite some distance between himself and the others. He walked silently with his head slightly tilted to the sky, his eyes closed and he could feel the cold breeze touch the trails of his tear marks.
Just beside him by the ocean, a girl emerged from the water alongside her ilu, it was Tsireya. Lo'ak stopped in his tracks, watching as the girl hurried her way over. His eyes met hers, and fell back down to the sand. This time his frame was turned towards her, waiting for her to approach.

"Lo'ak.." The girl whispered as she looked up at him with sincere eyes. Her eyes trailed over his face, "Do not blame yourself for this." 

"How?" Lo'ak spoke up, his voice slightly raised. "How can I not be the one to blame?" 

Tsireya shook her head, "This is-" 

"It's all my fault. I should have never told him to come with me." Lo'ak voice broke in anger. 

She took a step closer to him, holding onto his wrist. "Lo'ak. Calm heart." Her hand planted on his chest which seemed to rise up and down hastily. "Calm heart..." Tsireya repeated, taking another step closer to the boy. 

Lo'ak let out a sharp exhale, finding himself catching his breath. He'd bring his eyes to look up from her hand to her gaze which he caught in his. Tsireya's expression was pained, she was hurting for him, and he could see that. The two stood silently together when Tsireya brought her other hand to cup the side of his face. Lo'ak raised his own to cover hers. He let himself sink into her touch, feeling his nerves settle down, yet at the same time his heart thumped hard in his chest.