Chapter 18

*Fanfiction based on Avatar 2: The Way of Water by James Cameron..... I do not own any of the characters!*

Tsireya stood inside the woman's hutch, standing by the shelfs of the room which displayed different materials of textiles as well as sown baskets. Above her hung wrapped herbs which were left to dry. The girl was finishing up her work at the crafted table where herbs were crushed and used for their medicinal properties. Kiri had laid out an arrangement of specific spices for Tsireya to make herself feel better from the morning sickness she had been experiencing. Standing over the table she crushed the ingredients together using a stone mortar and pestle. It was late at night, she was by herself whilst the sound of the wind chimes peacefully clinked as it dangled above the entrance of the hut. It was calm.

"When were you going to tell me." A deep voice suddenly spoke up from the entrance, it caught Tsireya off guard, startling her a little bit. She dropped the grinder from her hand and set it down.

Tsireya frowned slightly, noticing the stone expression on Lo'ak's face. It put her on edge.

"What are you talking about?" Her voice seemed soft and innocent.

Lo'ak only clenched his jaw as he looked down to her stomach. He swallowed hard. He then strode himself forward, fastening himself toward the girl. Tsireya took a step back as he did so, nervous at how quickly he closed the distance between them.

"Lo'ak.." Tsireya almost shuddered as she spoke. The boy was in close proximity to her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" His voice was lower this time yet just as stern, he spoke just above a whisper. The rasp in it could be heard.

Tsireya shook her head and looked down to his chest, "I do not know what-"

Lo'ak quickly took a hold of her wrist, holding it tightly in between them, "This baby is going to kill you."

Tsireya stood in shock, she couldn't even think of the words to say. The dominance he asserted in front of her intimidated her, she felt herself beginning to heat up at the tension.

"Isn't it?" Lo'ak's tone was low, it came out sharp.

She opened her mouth to speak, yet she couldn't find the words. Her brows furrowed in an anxious expression.

Lo'ak nodded his head at her reaction. Looking off to the side with a tightened grip on her wrist before loosening her from his hold. Tsireya watched as he took a step back, she was quick to grab onto his arm whilst desperately looking up at him.

"I did not want you to worry!" Her voice sounded hurt as did her eyes reflect the same emotion.

"And when i was to find out? What then? What now."

"I want to keep this baby. Our baby. I couldn't bring myself to choose myself over him." Tsireya's head tilted downward toward her stomach. She gendered the child despite unaware of it's gender.

"What about me Tsireya? I can't live with myself knowing the life we brought into this world is the same thing that took yours." Lo'ak's voice sounded urgent and hurt.

"Lo'ak..." Tsireya whispered. "I am sorry. I was going to tell you."

There was a silence.

"How did you find out?" Lo'ak's question sounded more of a statement.

"You're grandmother... She told me she foresaw my death." Tsireya spoke under her breath.

Lo'ak shut his eyes, his chin falling down as his ears folded back, he was sickened at her response.

The boy swallowed hard as Tsireya eyed him. "I am not going to stay and watch you let that baby kill you." Lo'ak's voice sounded cold. She bit her lip anxiously.