Chapter 2

*Fanfiction based on Avatar 2: The Way of Water by James Cameron..... I do not own any of the characters!*

A Year Later.

"If the fruits are pink then they are ripe." Tsireya bent down to Tuk's level, pointing towards the pink fruit suspended by the branches above. She let Tuk climb onto her shoulders as their combined height helped them reach the fruit.

"I got it!" Yelped Tuk, smiling down at Tsireya.

"Well done, drop them in the basket!"

One by one Tuk picked each fruit until the branch was stripped of pink vegetation.

Following the path down to the shoreline, Tuk walked alongside Tsireya who carried a round basket at her hip containing all kinds of fruit and vegetable from the jungle further in the island. The sun was just beginning to set over the horizon as the two made their way into the village, just at the right time as Tuk was to be sent back to her family's hut.

"Bye Tsireya!" Tuk ran bouncing on the net connecting the units of huts. Tsireya too bid her own farewell for the night. A gentle smile touched her lips as she watched the younger girl's tail slowly disappear into one of the huts.

Far in the distance, just by the large rocks where the waves crashed against, sat a lonesome figure. There was only one person that could have been, and it made her heart clench for a moment. Setting the woven basket down to the side of a hut the young girl made her way to the figure.

"Lo'ak..." Her voice almost came out as a whisper. Tsireya managed herself up the rocks taking light steps to the boy who was now turned towards her. "Beautiful isn't it." She made her way towards him as she peered into the sunset, watching the colors of the sun die into the night sky.

"Hey." A low reply came from Lo'ak breath. Lo'ak's hand aided out to Tsireya's arm as she adjusted her seat next to him.

"You can feel Eywa's breath brush against your face if you close your eyes."

Lo'ak took a glance over at Tsireya who gestured him a look that meant to close his eyes. A gulp overcame him as he looked over at the horizon before gently closing his lids. With his eyes shut he could feel Tsireya make her way behind him, her hand dragged along his chest to his shoulder where she sat with her head against his nape.

"I see you're lost Lo'ak." Tsireya's breath hit down his spine causing a little change in his breathing. "Don't hide your pain from me."

The boy swallowed, tears threatening to well up in his eyes. Lo'ak has had a heavy heart since the death of his brother, it had been exactly a year since Neteyam's life was given back to Eywa, yet the deep emptiness in his heart didn't seem to lessen. A few hours earlier he and his family went to visit the spirit tree for Neteyam's death anniversary. A few tears fell from Lo'ak's closed eyes, he was more comfortable letting them out with the fact that Tsireya was behind him so she couldn't see him like this.

"My chest feels so heavy." Lo'ak dared to speak as the words almost broke from his mouth. Tsireya's arms laced around his waist, her heart aching at his own pain.

"I am with you Lo'ak.."

Lo'ak slowly opened his eyes, his head rose slightly toward the illuminated sky feeling Tsireya's embrace from behind. He could feel the beat of his heart thump deeper with each pulse. His own hand reached to hold Tsireya's which rested on his stomach, ears folding back at the sincere affection. There was a silent moment, only the sound of the waves hitting against the rock.

 "Let me help you take your mind off of this." Tsireya spoke softly into the back of his ear. The boy's face couldn't help but flush at her words, not entirely knowing if he understood the meaning behind her words. The young girl stood up, "Come swim with me." She smiled, inviting him up.