Chapter 17

*Fanfiction based on Avatar 2: The Way of Water by James Cameron..... I do not own any of the characters!*

Lo'ak shuffled himself in his position. The boy laid in the soft grass, rested under a tree within the forest of the tropical island. The liveliness of the jungle could be heard surrounding the area, with birds tweeting, frogs croaking, and insects chittering. Daylight was beginning to break out, and beside him, Tsireya rest on her side with strands of hair curtained over her face. Lo'ak sat himself up with his elbows, his eyes still slightly shut as he looked down at the girl resting beside him. The boy's eyes ran over her for a moment before he brought his hand to adjust the material over her bust which seemed to find itself loose. The night before had been a wild one. After checking himself he too noticed his own clothing seemed to come undone over the night.

Tsireya peeked an eye open as she rested her head on top of her flat arm. From her point of view, she could see Lo'ak tying the bottom of his clothing back together from his sat-up position. A soft smile kissed her lips. "Good morning." She spoke up sweetly, her voice raspy from her sleep.

Lo'ak turned to look down, his gaze softened as he looked over her. "Good morning." His palm came down to rest over the top of her head.

Tsireya shuffled herself up with a groan, Lo'ak watched whilst assisting her up with his hand on her back.

"You good?" He said quietly, taking a glance at her stomach and back to her eyes. They were positioned close together, their foreheads could touch from the way he leaned down to her face. The girl nodded in reply. Whilst sitting herself up she leaned against her partner, her head tilted over his shoulder. Lo'ak made himself comfortable in the position and leaned his own head over hers. Meanwhile, with one hand he fiddled with his fingers. "I have to go soon. I have a morning patrol around the banks with the others."

"Hm." Tsireya hummed. Her eyes were still closed from her tiresome sleep.

"I love you Lo'ak." Tsireya whispered under her breath.

Lo'ak glanced down at her without moving his head from his position, "I love you too." He dipped his head, tilting it to an angle where he was able to receive her lips in his. Lo'ak swallowed that kiss for a moment before fixing himself back in their position. 

The silence between them was calm, soothing in a way. There was comfort in their stillness. Lo'ak then stood up, causing Tsireya's head to bop for a second before she awoke. He took one of her hands, squeezing it before bending over to steal another kiss from her lips. Tsireya sat on the ground with her legs pulled to the side as Lo'ak stood in front of her.

"Be safe my love." Tsireya looked up at him with her sincere eyes, they held deep eye contact before Lo'ak headed off to part ways for the morning.

Tsireya collected herself whilst raising from her rested position, she placed her hand on a tree that stood to her side. At that moment, the familiar churning and emptiness of her stomach began taking a toll. She could taste the saltiness of her saliva develop in the sides of her mouth and the back of her throat, Tsireya was quick to rush herself behind a bush, puking out her morning sickness.

"Go on now. It is time for Tsahik to take some rest." Neytiri spoke calmly as she gestured with her hands, waving off the younger children of the Omatikayan clan who Mo'at told stories to.

"Oh do not treat me like a frail old woman Neytiri." Mo'at scowled her brows as she walked her way back to her tent. Neytiri only raised her brows as she urged her mother on.

Tsireya, who was aside the children whom Mo'at was telling her story to, glanced over at Mo'at who seemed to already be looking at her. The girl noticed the jerk of the woman's head, signaling her to come with her.