Chapter 4

*Fanfiction based on Avatar 2: The Way of Water by James Cameron..... I do not own any of the characters!*

"Father!" Tsireya waved out to sea, the hunting party arrived inside the safety of the clan's waters after being outside the reef.

The group looked out to the Chief's daughter, her figure became bigger as they closed the distance between them and the shoreline.
Lo'ak looked ahead towards the girl, he watched her with a settled expression, yet inside he knew he was glad to see her. Ao'nung subtly glided his eyes to the boy next to him. He held thoughts in his head while watching Lo'ak's ears pick up at the sight of Tsireya.
He pondered on the idea that the two might be more than just friends.

Reaching the shore made Lo'ak's feet feel like thin twigs, it had been quite some hours in open ocean, so adjusting to the feeling of solid ground again would take some time.
After greeting her father Tisreya strolled over towards her brother Ao'nung and Lo'ak. A smile was planted on her face, excited to see them.

"I'm glad you both made it safely." Her voice came out calm and collected. Lo'ak looked intently at the girl speaking.

"Of course. I'am Ao'nung after all, the best of the best." The boy boasted, his arms lifting from his sides while his hands gestured at the entirety of his body.

"You wish." Lo'ak snickered. Tsireya watched as the two boys began bickering. Their argument was interrupted shortly when the men of the hunt walked past the three, carrying heavy fishing baskets over their shoulders and into the village.
The men called out to one another as they each helped bringing in the food. The fish would then be transported to the woman of the village who preserved and added spices to the food, which were to be eaten when evening fell, and sometimes even the following day.

"Lo'ak!" Neytiri called out to her son from the distance. Her youngest daughter, Tuk, was walking by her side. Tsireya looked over to her, as did Lo'ak. By this time Ao'nung was already helping out the men carry in the baskets. "How was it my son?" The woman added while setting her hand to his shoulder with a soft smile.

"It was fine." Lo'ak replied. Tsireya could only giggle as she watch the boy be caressed by his mother.

"You are growing strong." Neytiri took a strong inhale, sucking in her gut and gripping Lo'ak's forearm firmly as placed her hand on her stomach, "You are even almost as tall as me." She added.

"I'm practically there."

Tsireya smiled and look down towards the sand, she was happy to see their interaction, and she thought it was best to let the two have their moment. Tsireya slipped away from the scene, trailing her way back to the hut with her own mother. Lo'ak's eyes caught the girl's figure walking away, and when the conversation with his mother came to an end Lo'ak hurried his way over to her.

"Tsireya!" His voice called out from behind. Tsireya looked back.

A curious expression settled on her face as she looked up at the boy who was approaching. Unexpectedly she felt him pull her into an embrace which caused her to stumble backward slightly. An arm came over her shoulders whilst the two continued walking forward. Lo'ak's arm easily rested over her shorter frame, the boy felt giddy, finding new confidence in himself to be able to walk with her like this.

"This is new." Tsireya softly spoke up with a smile, "You seem quite pleased with yourself, did you enjoy the hunt that much?"

"Way too long." Lo'ak replied casually back, his head would tilt slightly towards the sky.

"I am very proud of you." Her head leaned slightly against the side of his torso, "You seem to have fit in well with the people."

Lo'ak nodded quietly, his fingers fiddling with his pinkie. Tsireya noticed his actions and reached out for the hand that hung over her shoulders. She held his hand subtly.