Chapter 11

*Fanfiction based on Avatar 2: The Way of Water by James Cameron..... I do not own any of the characters!*

Up in the Hallelujah Mountains Tsireya and Lo'ak found themselves back inside the clan's fortress, it was around midday, and the weather was nice with a slight breeze. Tsireya was with Kiri who was busy explaining to her the identification of the herbs that the Omaticayan clan grew.

"If you look at this one, you'll see the tiny bristles on its stem, don't get it confused with this one." Kiri explained as she motioned with her hand toward a batch of herbs that lay organized and separated in baskets. "This one helps with external wounds, this one is for internal use." The girl added.

Tsireya nodded her head, although she was quite familiar with herbs she had never seen these specific ones that Kiri presented to her. The herbs grown in the forest had similar properties to the ones grown in the reefs, however, they certainly looked different.

"How is your grandmother?" Tsireya said gently, she made sure not to touch anything too sensitive to her. Kiri sat squatted whilst Tsireya sat on the side of her thighs.

The girl was quiet for a moment, "Well." Kiri replied bluntly. "No one can stop time, no matter what time will always go on. Whether you or the people around you are ready or not."

Tsireya nodded slowly, her eyes fell to the girls lips that trembled slightly. "You are right. Life goes on." she placed a hand on the girl's thigh, Kiri was quick to stand up and shake her head from the thoughts. Tsireya sat with her head tilted up at the girl, she could see the anxious look on her face. Mo'at's death meant losing another family member for the Sully's.

In the distance Tuk's whining could be heard from inside a tent. The two girl's ears picked up as they directed themselves toward the commotion.

"Mom I'm not your little girl anymore!" Tuk complained as her tail whipped slightly. The young girl was laced in traditional Omatikayan attire, with feathers and a vine-like material lining her frame. In addition to that a colorful headpiece with tall feathers that crowned her.

Kiri forced her hands to come over her mouth as she stopped herself from spitting out a laugh. Tsireya's eyes widened slightly at the surprising sight.

Meanwhile, Neytiri looked proudly over her daughter with her fingertips to her lips, and slightly teary eyes, "Oh Tuk, you look beautiful."

"I don't want to wear this!" The girl grunted and sighed in the clothing.

"You're getting older my Tuk." Neytiri caressed her youngest's head.

"And why are you making her wear that mother?" Kiri emphasized at the interesting attire.

"The people want to celebrate our arrival. They plan to host a gathering tonight... Also in honor of Tsahik."

Tuk put her whining to a stop seeing her mother gently smile.

"Only the Great Mother knows when everyone's time comes to an end, so we cherish the moments before they leave us. We will celebrate her life, not mourn it." Neytiri continued and cleaned up the skirt around Tuk's waist. "Tsireya, you will be able to see our culture and traditions for the first time."

Tsireya's ears raised at her name, she gave her a pleased smile with her dimple pressed softly into her cheek, and nodded.

Just then Jake entered the hut, he held back his tongue as he was about to cuss until seeing the crowded tent inside. He clenched his jaw and brought his hand to his temple, holding it there to regain his cool. Neytiri's expression frowned as she approached her partner, her head swung to the side slightly whilst she discreetly asked what was bothering him.