Chapter 20

*Fanfiction based on Avatar 2: The Way of Water by James Cameron..... I do not own any of the characters!*

"Where is Lo'ak?" Ao'nung said out loud to the rest of the young members of the hunting party.

"Skipping again."

The teenagers were set out in position on their skimwings.

"Isn't he with Tsireya?" Roxto looked over at Ao'nung, who seemed to go blank at his words.

"Alright. Let's go." Ao'nung picked up.

"You're just gonna let him do what he wants?" A voice questioned Ao'nung's authority.

"Tsireya is sick. He'll look after her for the time being."

Kaien looked over at one of the members who seemed to catch his stare. They rarely ever saw Ao'nung defend Lo'ak's position.

On the shore of the beach Tsireya sat with Lo'ak between her legs, the sun was setting in a pink shade as it suspended over the horizon.
The boy's back was pressed onto the front of Tsireya, her hands were fondling over his braids whilst his arms rested over either sides of her thighs. The girl hummed peacefully over Lo'ak's head, the tranquil sounds of the waves and distant calls of animals added to the restful scene.

Lo'ak had his eyes closed whilst Tsireya held his head from behind. Her singing was gentle and soft, her voice smooth in the way it slipped off her tongue. It was ticklish, Lo'ak couldn't help but feel more than at ease. Even then his heart fluttered slightly. More than anything the girl was his person, he found himself in her, she was his home.

"Are you sleepy?" Tsireya whispered into the side of her partner's ear. Lo'ak shifted slightly in his position, taken slightly off guard by the sudden change in tone. Tsireya giggled to herself, smiling as she pressed soft kisses onto his cheek bones.

Lo'ak shook his head, "No, i'm awake." He continued, "Do you have something to do?"

"I still have some harvesting to do from this morning's batch."

"Right now?"

"Mhm."

"I'll come with you." Lo'ak sat himself up first, eager to help Tsireya up. Sat on the ground she smiled up at him with a raised brow, taking his hand and standing herself up as the water fell from her waist down.

"I got it." Lo'ak bent over as he picked up the woven basket from the ground for the girl. Tsireya smiled at his gesture, reaching for the basket in his hands.

The girl stood just below his shoulders, he was much taller compared to her frame. "Thank you." Her hand squeezed her partner's forearm. "Shouldn't you be with the rest of the hunting party?"

"I should." Lo'ak replied bluntly, placing a hand on the lower of her back as he continued her forward.

"You do not need to accompany me, Lo'ak." Tsireya's words fell out gently. "I'm not useless just because i'm pregnant you know."

The two walked out of the home together and tread their way down the net path. It was early morning, and Lo'ak (as he had been doing for the past few weeks) was accompanying Tsireya on her afternoon errands to run. Tsireya was a little over 6 months now, her stomach grew quickly, and bigger. Only a few months left until Tsireya was to expect to give birth. Lo'ak hasn't left her side since. Tsireya's been struggling to process the medication from her mother and Kiri, leaving no other option but to force herself through the sickness. For the past week Lo'ak has been skipping hunts to watch and aid Tsireya throughout the day.