Chapter 21

*Fanfiction based on Avatar 2: The Way of Water by James Cameron..... I do not own any of the characters!*

"Listen kid, you can't stay here anymore." Jake spoke bluntly to Spider. His voice sounded disappointed in a way. "I'm sending you back to the forest, Norm and the rest of the humans there will look after you."

"I understand." Spider cleared his throat.

A contemplating sigh left Jake's chest as his hand came to his waist, "You said there was a tracker in your mask?"

"Yes sir."

Jake clicked his tongue. "...Why didn't you tell us sooner?"

"I'm sorry. I really am. I was just, scared. I didnt-"

"It's alright." Jake took a pause as he looked off to the side.

"Just, let Neytiri know that i am so sorry."

Jake looked down at the boy, his eyes ran over him for a moment. "The chopper will get here by the morning. I'll make sure they switch out your mask when you get there."

"Jake." Spider spoke up. "...If he comes back, then I'll fight with you."

"If he comes back, you stay where you are. I'll deal with it. I fought him before, i can do it again."

Spider felt a guilt in the back of his neck. Jake wouldn't have to deal with this if Spider had just never saved him. War wasn't over. Not yet.

"Listen Kid." Jake turned slightly to the side, "It's best if you don't come back here."

"Eywa.....Please.." Lo'ak muttered the words to himself as he whispered into his arm. He sat on the ground with his knees raised, his head was pressed against his arms.

"Lo'ak." Ao'nung spoke up calmly. The boy stood leaning against a wooden pole as he looked off to the fading sun. Meanwhile Lo'ak sat on the ground next to him. "If she dies, i hope you know i will never forgive you."

Lo'ak didn't reply. How could he? Lo'ak took a sharp inhale, shaking slightly as he did so. He reached out for his braids, pulling at them as he tightened his fists. "Fuck bro.." The thought of it all tugged at his heartstrings.

He felt numb. Suddenly the faint noises from inside the hut had fallen silent. It was then the sudden outburst of an infant's cries was heard. Lo'ak's ears perked up, he froze for a moment, his eyes widened. For a moment, his world shifted. At the same time Lo'ak and Ao'nung caught each other's gaze. The boy stood up beside Ao'nung, preparing himself to enter the room. His eyes were slightly swollen from his tears.

"Lo'ak.." Ao'nung spoke up, stopping him from leaving just yet, "Are you sure you want to see that?"

The boy was quiet in reply. Whatever he was to see when he walked in, he would learn live with it. His heart thumbed incredibly hard in his chest. The anxiety in his heart felt unreal.

Lo'ak nodded. A slight scowl in his eyes. He let out an exhale before turning on his feet toward the entrance of the hut.

He leaned forward slightly, pushing the dangling beads that hung over the entrance of the pod to the side as he walked in. Ao'nung followed behind him.

Lo'ak's brows furrowed as he saw Tsireya laying down over the mattress, her face however was blocked by one of the woman who sat beside her.

Ronal then turned her head to the two boys who walked in. A heavy sigh fell from her lips. Ao'nung stood by the entrance as Lo'ak was encouraged inside. Slowly he stepped forward, room was made for him as one of the women shuffled over.