Chapter Ten: The Unfortunate End

a/n: for clarifications, may mga susunod na chapters na magshi-shift ng point of view. katulad nalang nito

***

Trexy

Unfair. Unfair. Unfair.

From my view, I could see my sister studying so fucking hard. She has no time to take care of herself, she even forgot that her hair is getting longer.

"Miss Trexy, pinapatawag ka ng mama mo." Lumingon ako sa aking likod at nakita ang mahinahong ngiti ni yaya Mary.

Tumango ako at tumayo galing sa pagkaka-upo sa hagdan. I look at my twin sister again before I started ascending to the stairs. Nang marating ang office ni mommy, binuksan ko ang pinto at nakita ko silang dalawa ni daddy na seryosong nag-uusap.

"Mom? Dad?" I call their attention.

Parehong lumingon ang mga ulo nila sa akin. Nabahala ako nang makita ang expression sa kanilang mga mukha. They seem distressed.

"I have something to tell you, Trexy Lore. Come here." sabi ni mama, nakakrus ang mga kamay sa dibdib.

Pumasok ako sa loob ng office at sinara ang pinto. Mabagal akong naglakad patungo sa kanila, tinitimbang ang kanilang reaction. They are so calm and silent, it is weird.

"Trisha." sabi ni Dad.

Natigil ako sa paglalakad. So we're talking about her?

Tumingin si mommy kay dad nang alanganin bago siya bumaling sa akin. Natigilan ako nang bigla siyang maglakad siya palapit sa akin, nanlaki ang mga mata nang bigla niya akong hinalikan sa noo at niyakap ng mahigpit. It feels weird feeling her flesh and heat. "I'm sorry. Your life is not ideal."

I keep my mouth shut. Hindi ko alam ang ibig niyang sabihin...

"Trisha will be entering a school, Lore. And... And," my mom stopped and started sobbing, her shoulders shook and her crying sound sends a chill down my spine.

It was starting to scare me. I always view my mother as someone strong, someone that is not affectionate, and someone that is afraid of showing weakness. But at this moment, she's crying while I am in her embrace. What is going on? I don't believe what's happening...

"Mom..." I sobbed.

"You're seventeen, Lore. A-And you haven't experienced happiness... I'm sorry for bringing you to life!" my mother added.

Patuloy na bumubuhos ang luha sa aking mga mata nang tumingin ako kay Dad. He looked sad and disappointed.

"Y-You should be the one to tell her, love, 'cause I can't." Lumayo si mommy sa akin at humarap kay Dad.

Pabalikbalik ang tingin ko sa kanilang dalawa. I feel so lost between them. I feel like I do not really know them. Standing between them feels like two strangers standing beside me... But why am I feeling this? They're my parents... Silence envelops the office and I continue to cry in silence. I don't know why am I crying... Maybe because I saw my mother crying? Her tears made me feel like I am important to shed tears for. I feel like I was more important to her than Trisha.

Narinig ko ang buntong hininga ni Dad. Umayos ako nang tayo nang lumapit siya sa akin. "Listen to me, Lore... Forgive us. Your mother and I made the biggest mistakes of our lives, to be part of this clan that belongs to that school. I-I'm sorry you were born in this family..." he pursed his lips, eyes filled with tears. "Trisha will be entering that school and while she strives to do her job, here, we are going to die. We have to."

"They have to kill us so that no one aside from the student will know the school. Both of you were our clan's sacrifice and we're sorry to give you life..." My mom added.