Chapter 4

Ilaria's pov

What therapy will help you calm down?

Some people were doing physical exercises to calm down, others were painting or writing.

My therapy to relieve some stress was going shopping, and not in any stores but in expensive ones where I'd get treated like a queen, making me feel appreciated.

Though, the day cost a bomb with all the stuff I had bought, but it really helped me relax, and have some fun. Anyway, what was the use of a black card, if not for days like today, right?

My parents didn't mind my expenses either. Mom gave me the card, telling me I was growing into a young smart woman, having needs and requirements, and should buy what my heart desires.

And dad never warned me about my expenditure, as it wasn't much for him, I guess, considering how much he earns with all the companies we had.

It really felt nice having two parents, loving and spoiling me dearly. I was also aware that I was blessed with everything I had.

However, having a retired assassin, who was the CEO of multi-dollar companies, as a father, and a Mexican mother, who helped my father build his dynasty, came with expectations and responsibilities.

One of those responsibilities was to learn how to lead my parents illegal businesses, so that they could pass the work to me when it was time.

Unfortunately, I had to learn it from Alanzo, and I knew that there was no escape from the Espresso, as everything was considered settled, and I had to meet him at the first end of the day, which was soon.

The magical hours with Alana, like in Cinderella's story, were over now and we were driving through the gates of Alana's home. Sighing, I just hoped the day would end as it started, beautiful.

"You tired?" Alana asked me, as she saw me slump down my seat when the van stopped in front of the mansion.

"Just worried about how my meeting with your brother will end," I told her, pouting a little.

"You still think he'll kill you?" she asked with a groan. "I can assure you, Ilaria, he won't kill you, at least not today, as mom is at home!"

"I don't really think that Helena can stop him, when she'll be rooms away." I frowned.

"Why don't you ask mom to join your meeting?" she suggested. "And look like I'm scared of him? Hell no!" I shook my head with a huff.

"Are you not?" she asked amused, raising a brow at my reaction. "No," I denied, "I'm not scared, just cautious as I know how crafty your brother can be!"

"Well, I can't disagree with that, considering all the work he has done," she muttered pensively. "Thank you for the motivation!" I told her with heavy sarcasm.

"Ilaria! Relax!" she said with a sigh, looking at me seriously. "As I said before, he won't kill you, mom is at home! And he knows if she finds out that he hurt you, that she won't talk to him!"

"And that will stop him?" I asked skeptically. "Believe it or not, he cares about mom a lot, and wouldn't want to hurt her or her feelings! Now, let's go, before we miss dinner!" She dragged me out of the car.

"That might be my last meal!" I mumbled, letting her pull me towards the mansion. "You're such a drama queen!" she huffed, rolling her eyes at me.

"I know," I muttered with a little smile, shrugging, as we entered the mansion. Impressed, I looked around, and I had to say that Helena had a really good taste.

The ceiling was very high, and a chandelier was hanging down between two stairs that led to the first floor. The floor was made of white-grey marble, making the place look expensive and classy.