Chapter 37

PLZ DO NOT FORGET TO COMMENT💕

Ilaria's pov

Today wasn't my day.

I had morning sickness, a sore pussy and woke up to find the side of the bed next to me empty. Yawning, I touched his side of the bed, finding it cold — he must be gone for at least an hour now.

Feeling sick, I decided to go out and take some fresh air. But I was too lazy to put some clothes on. I wasn't into showing my body to Alanzo's men and watching him unalive them for seeing me naked either. So, I settled for my morning robe.

Rubbing my eyes, I left our room. I cussed his sexy, but arrogant ass with each step I took — I felt like he imprinted himself on me with all the marks he left on my body. Ugh. Possessive asshole.

Ignoring the smell of breakfast — since my nose felt sensitive for some odd reason — I entered the backyard.

The birds chirped. The sun was shining. A comfortable warm wind was blowing in my direction while I walked down the path. The soil and grass under my feet feeling great, absorbing all the negative energy.

But the more I walked the more the security increased on this particular side of the huge garden, making me frown. Then, I spotted a grid wall, that separating the garden in two.

What was he doing at the other side? Well, I had two options to find out. My first option was to ask one of his men here, but the chance of them denying me my answer was high. My second and last option was to sneak behind this grid wall and have a look to satisfy my curiosity myself.

I decided to go for the latter one. Quietly, I walked around the men — going unnoticed — before finally managing to get to the other side of grid wall.

Walking around I wondered why he kept this area secluded from the rest of the garden. I walked for a while until I came across a beautiful lake.

I let out a gasp. This place looked like paradise with the shimmery water, the calming sound of the wind combined with the birds chirping and the forests green trees.

Heading on, I put my toes into the water. The water had a great temperature. I decided to take a dip. When I was about to open my robe, two yellow eyes appeared onto the surface from the lake.

Frozen, I stared into the yellow diamonds of a reptile. Hearing an animalistic sound on my right, I slowly turned my head sideways, looking in the direction where the horrific sound came from.

And surprise! The yellow eyed monster had a twin, who was chewing on a head. The head looked familiar, making my brows scrunch.

Thinking about where I had seen that head, I gasped shocked as I finally remembered that the piece the monster was chewing on was the man who molested me in the restaurant yesterday.

Ramon was his name, I guess. I didn't give his name to Alanzo — by simply distracting him with me — because his friend and he apologised.

Though, I guess I didn't succeed in saving him — them. He probably killed both of them for me. Huffing, I rolled my eyes. How romantic.

I really had to talk to him. Killing everyone touching me was kind of not okay, even if some of them deserved it, like this blonde bitch from yesterday.

I jumped in my place as the reptile literally screamed at me. "Good beasty, beasty," I smiled at the ugly thing, backing backwards as it approached me.

Well, I didn't mind fighting humans. But fighting with a crocodile was just not in my bucket list, and will never be.

Getting bitten by those canines must be definitely painful. And I wasn't into touching something skinny, scaly and bony at all.