Chapter 30

50 comments from 50 different people for the next chapter.

Semester is over, sommer is on the way and I'll do one month internship, but I'll try to update more if you bring the story more alive while engaging with it more by leaving comments.

Ilaria's pov

I couldn't believe I was doing this.

After breakfast, or more like lunch, considering the time I ate, I left the apartment with the maid, Mariana, who Alanzo had recruited for chores.

We went to a bank first where I talked to a banker, and picked up thousand dollars from my account. I had to talk to a banker as the sum of money was 'huge' according to the bank, but it wasn't for me, actually.

Anyway, then, we drove to her grandma's house. She suggested that we should take the bus, but no way in hell would I get on a crowded bus, when I'm enabled to take a taxi.

Therefore, we took the taxi, which was fine for her as long as I paid for the ride. After an hour drive, we finally arrived where her grandma's house was.

The place looked old and cheap. Generally, my surroundings, which I was always aware of, gave me bad vibes.

"You sure we're at the right place?" I asked her after getting out of the vehicle and paying the driver. "Yes," she confirmed me, gesturing me to follow her, "come on!"

"When your grandma is that good at people telling and seeing the future, and getting paid 10k each customer, then why is she working at suck a place?" I asked with a deep frown, following her.

"She just doesn't have many customers," she said, as my legs were starting to get cold, even if I wore a long coat as the weather was cold.

"Why? If she's good, shouldn't she have many customers then?" I asked, getting into a house with her. The interior's aesthetic of the house was creepy, making me think if I was doing dumb, or not. And there was a big creepy guy, opening for us the door.

"My grandma has less customers because not everyone can afford her services," she said, leading me to the living room. "I understand," I muttered, seeing an old woman sitting in the living room.

"Your grandma looks young," I remarked, smiling at the old woman.

"She's not my grandma."

"I'm a customer."

"Oh, sorry," I apologized, smiling awkwardly, wondering what the fuck I was doing here.

"Wait here, I'll go and see if my grandma is ready," she told me before walking away. I nodded my head to the man who was standing near the doorframe, before sitting down next to the old woman.

"And? What brought you here?" I asked her curiously. "My husband is cheating on me with a young woman like you," she told me disgusted.

"Oh, well, I'm sorry, and what do you want to do? Put a spell on him to make him fall in love with you again?" I asked next, I was bored waiting and this conversation was kind of interesting.

"No, I want her to bring him his end," she gritted out emotionlessly. "Oh, I understand, but that's a case I could also help you," I offered her with a smile.

"You are also into magic?" she asked me, her brows raised. "No, I'm not," I chuckled, shaking my head, "I just do it the natural way." I did a slicing gesture with my finger on my throat.

"You don't look like a killer, you don't even look like you can hurt a fly with your size, stop fucking with me," she huffed, shaking her head, and looking away.