Chapter 7

Ilaria's pov

My migraine said hello after fighting with Matteo's slut and trying to beat the shit of him for being unthankful, after involving me with this bitch.

And I didn't know what was worse, my stomach ache or my migraine, I wanted to kill Matteo for triggering it.

And the reason why I didn't get up from the couch and strangle him was because I promised dad to behave as his men dragged the bitch to the basement.

Another reason was that aunty Mia would arrive with uncle Valerio any second now to visit us, and I didn't want to scare her, or trigger her traumatic past.

I sighed. Even after I've taken some painkillers, I felt like shit. I just wanted to sleep the day off, but I couldn't, unfortunately.

I had to talk to dad before afternoon, informing him about Alanzo's training plan as he said he wanted me to be ready in the late afternoon to fly with him abroad.

I felt like having a bad iron since signing this damn treaty between our families yesterday. I just hoped I could get good news today.

Hopefully, I'd, I was just waiting for the moment to talk to father, and him disagreeing to Alanzo's stupid training plan.

"What are you thinking about?" Matteo asked, sitting on the couch in front of me. His question brought me back from my thoughts.

Looking at him angrily, I gritted out, "Seriously, you have the audacity to talk to me!"

"You're really vengeful," he claimed, rolling his eyes, "and as I'm not a hateful and arrogant human being like you, I've already forgiven you by the way."

"For what?" I asked him disdainful.

"For scratching the hell out of me with those nails and breaking the deal we made by snitching my one-night-stand with the spy to mother, who almost made me eat her chancla if dad wouldn't save me!"

"I'm not sorry for what I did, it served you right for acting like a brat after everything I've done for you!" I huffed.

"No wonder you're still single with that attitude ..." I heard him mutter.

"Yeah, I should fuck spies and enemies like you!" I spat out, rubbing my temples as I still felt a throbbing pain on one side of my head.

"Ouch!" he claimed with a little pout. "You know I should know something was off as the chemistry wasn't there when we—"

"Fuck you and your spies! Get the fuck out of here before I make you limp out!" I threatened him.

"Jeez, I don't even need enemies when I've you as sister!" he told me with a frown.

"Matteo!" Looking at him with narrowed eyes, I straightened up on the couch, before holding my stomach in pain.

"Are you all right?" he asked me, looking at me worriedly. "I'll be," I sighed.

"What's up with your stomach?" he asked, as he walked next to me. "I acted dumb and careless, and she succeeded to hit me there," I explained, leaving the part out that it was a metallic candle holder hitting me in my stomach.

I didn't want to cause unnecessary drama, and get my parents worried. It was probably just a big bruise anyway, I didn't think that the hit would cause any internal bleeding. However, I'd see a doctor, if the pain got worse, but now I was good.

"Can I see?" Matteo asked, sitting down next to me. "I'm fine," I assured him with a sigh, "my headache feels worse than the pain in my stomach, thinking about all the problems I'm coping with, so if you could just shut up and leave me alone ... would help me a lot!"