Chapter 46

PLZ COMMENT AND I WILL UPDATE FASTER! ❤️

ILARIA

I told myself not to get weak.

But he was making me weak. The way he agreed without any hesitation made me weak.

That man is ready to lose millions, only to get me back. I thought my plan was going to fail — that he would think I wasn't worth it if I had nothing to offer. He proved me wrong.

He wanted me — even if I let him in belief that I was Nicolai's daughter. He thought my father disowned me. He thought I was stripped off any power. Nevertheless, he was fighting for me.

He almost made me feel bad, but then I reminded myself how we got in this quandary — it was because of him and his lies.

I was here to give him a taste of his own medicine. I wanted to break his heart and bank account — getting my ultimate revenge by using his feelings for me to play him off.

Then, I could get back him — as a very rich bitch. I hated to stay here. The mansion was lonely. It was only her and I, and the staff. The halls were dark and the rooms were painted dark. The aesthetics was dark — like her damn soul.

Though, it was debatable if she had one, considering how distant and cold she acted. Even if she ate our lie, I slept with one eye open.

I was on my own and had to protect myself in case she noticed our little lie. There was no uncle Valerio to protect me.

She kicked him out. She didn't like males. All her servants were women. All her guards were women. It felt like a woman's world.

She must be really hurt by men a lot to detest them in a level that got her literally mad. I also roamed the mansion without getting noticed. There wo no child.

She bare left her room, let alone the mansion, making me wonder where this child — my cousin — was.

"What are you thinking about?" I heard her asked. Thinking about the she-devil, she showed up. I saw her standing near the doorframe of my room.

"My life," I told her with a small smile, "that it was a complete lie. It's sad that I lost people I called my family all my life from one day to another.

"You don't need them, you have me," she smiled back, gesturing to the tests in her hand. "The results came out, you are related to me."

"Well, if I am not Roman's, I have to someone else's," I joked. "Seems like I was in your brother's jewels."

"You are lacking of manner," she told me with a sigh. No, I was just joking. "They really couldn't raise you well."

"I am not a child anymore, but I hope you can teach me better," I talked to her sweet.

"I will." She nodded.

"That will be fun and cozy, you and I," I smiled at her. "And my cousin."

"Your cousin," she repeated, looking dazed out now. "Yeah, my cousin, can I meet him? Or her?" I asked.

Alanzo seemed restless. I wouldn't be surprised if he transferred the money by tomorrow. My time was running. I needed to find uncles child.

"Her. Why?" she asked, crossing her arms. "Because we are not a very big family, we must protect each other at all costs, I want to see her to not only know her, but to protect her," I muttered.

"She is not our family," she denied. "Why?" I frowned. "She is blood related to Valerio," she claimed, giving me a stupid answer.

"I am related to Rita — my mother — does that make me not your family too?" I asked, trying to understand her stupid theory.