Chapter ~23~

~~~~~~~~

It had been roughly a week since that incident happened. Ever since then, that little annoying voice in his head stuck around; antagonizing his every waking second. All that it ever seemed to say was how he was doing the 'wrong thing' and that 'there's still time to change'. But Deku knew and truly did believe that was he was, quote on quote, "doing" what the world had set out for him.

Today was no different. Except maybe it was. Kacchan sat in his cellar staring blankly at the wall, as he had been doing for the past month; and, as always, there was nothing new. His boredom reared off the tracks weeks ago and now all he was left with was an emptiness that pitted in his stomach.

Surely, being locked away for a month in the same room at all times of day, would drive anyone insane. However for Bakugou, he wasn't nearly there. His thought process gathered that if he even let his guard down slightly, he might not ever escape. So he held himself together, thread by thread. He tightened his grip and clutched on with all he's got.

He only faltered his line of vision when a familiar noise clanked to his left. It was no other than the sound of keys jingling and unlocking the door that held him prisoner. In walked Deku, the man of his nightmares, his torturer. Katsuki's eyes fell to the floor below him as his back was upheld by the side of his bed. His hands clasped in his lap as if that would somewhat relieve the amount of fear that coursed his veins. He pondered all the different punishments he had received over the month and wondered what he'd be getting today.

Once the door slammed itself shut, a shiver of electricity trickled down his back. Unlike the previous days before, the air between the two felt relaxing. That's when Bakugou realized something was off. His head lifted and immediately their eyes clashed together. Katsuki was right. Instead of the harsh evil eyes, they were calming, charismatic and empathetic. It was almost like he had time traveled back to middle school. That timid boy he once was, had returned.

It wasn't until he heard what Deku had to say, that he had actually believed something changed.

"I want to help you." He said abruptly as he stared down at Katsuki. The boy on the floor perked up upon hearing this. Izuku's voice was smooth and calming, unlike how he usually sounded. "You see, I don't quite know why I'm doing these awful things." Izuku carefully took a seat next to Kacchan on the floor, using the bed as a backrest. "It feels like a stranger has taken hold of my body. My dream was to become the number one hero, not a stone-cold villain."

Katsuki was astonished by what he was witnessing. He didn't know whether to believe this or not, so he clasped his mouth shut and kept listening.

"If I can take hold of this body for at least an hour a day, we'll be able to devise an escape plan." He continued on, taking a folded sheet of paper out of his pocket. Carefully he unfolded it and laid it by Kacchan's leg. "This is the map of our base, it's not too big so it'll be easy to navigate." He then pointed to a few highlighted sections. "However, due to the tight space, it'll be harder to sneak past my people. These sections are where they usually gather and tend to hangout." His slim hands circled the non highlighted areas. "These are your best options to get out safely."

Katsuki's brows furrowed. "You're not coming with me?" A wave of sadness struck Izuku as he looked over at Kacchan.

"Don't worry about me. This is for you." He said. "Whatever happens to me, happens. I brought that upon myself." A sigh wafted from Izuku's opened mouth. Then he stood on his feet once more, ushering Kacchan to sit on the bed. He did as told with confusion.

Carefully Deku took out a first aid kit and placed it on the bed next to Kastuki. He pulled out a needle and stitching thread. "I hurt you pretty bad yesterday, so I wanted to patch you up." With that being said, Izuku sterilized the needle and brought it to the open gash on Katsuki's eyebrow. "This might hurt." Then he began to stitch the wound closed.

With every jab into his wound, he winced and hissed out in pain. He felt warm new blood drip down his eyelid and trail down his cheek as Izuku kept stitching. Once he was done, he took a cloth that was soaked in peroxide and dabbed the wound, also making sure to clean up the blood from Kacchan's face.

"There, all healed up." Izuku said with a bright smile. "Sorry if that hurt..." He then gathered the supplies back into the first aid kit and closed it. "I'm going to put this under your bed, so whenever you need it, it'll be here." Katsuki nodded as Deku slid the box under his bed diligently.

"Thank.... you... Deku..." Katsuki gritted through his teeth. No matter how much it bothered him to thank Izuku, he did it anyways. As of now, he was the only option out of the hell-hole he was in. When Katsuki looked up to face Izuku, horror struck him. A sinister smile plastered on Deku's face.

"Oh... So you still call me Deku? HUH?" His evil manner brought chills of fear rumbling down Kacchan's spine. This was what he was afraid of, the haunting evil that lurked within Izuku's demeanor. Suddenly, Izuku smacked himself and the horrifying smile washed away, replaced by a lighthearted smile. "Sorry about that, the devil's trying to break free." He laughed awkwardly and rushed to the door. "I better go now, for your sake. I'll be back tomorrow."

And with that, he was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'What's happening to me?' Izuku questioned himself. It seems like he blanks out for a portion of his day and reawakens. It's almost as if someone possesses his body. Not to mention, the strange voice he constantly hears is getting louder by the day. It was driving him mad.

He decided that no one else should know about what's going on with him. To save his own ass. There's no telling what they would do with him if they found out. They might kill him for all he knows.

"Deku!" Distant yells were heard from down the hallway. Sitting at the bar alone, Izuku's head shoots towards the right. Dabi rapidly emerges from the darkness.

"It's Toga! You gotta help!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading!!!!!!!!

Have a great night/day

BYYYYYEEE

(sorry if this chapter is trash, i'm tired af and i got work in the morning)