Chapter 7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a nice warm day out, the morning sun shining through the tinted windows of the small cafe that smelled of sweets and coffee. The smell was pleasant and relaxing in way that made Katsuki slip into deep thoughts. Besides all of the traffic and people walking up and down the sidewalks, the cafe was temporarily not busy. Only about 2 others were in ordering food and drinks, and one teenager who sat behind Katsuki working on school work as it had seemed. Katsuki had recognized her from his school, she was very talkative and in Bakugou's view, she was annoying. Right at that moment, Katsuki was trying not to get noticed by the brunette sitting behind him, in fear of being caught in a never-ending talk about how it was a coincidence that someone else from UA was at the cafe too.

It had seemed ever since Izuku had just disappeared, Katsuki has tried to exclude himself from as many conversations or social life as possible. He almost wanted to focus on work more than ever and make it through highschool alone. Maybe it would've been different if Izuku was still around, but he'd never know. With as little movement as possible, he out-stretched his arm and grasped the mug of coffee that had been cooling down for quite some time now, bringing it close to his face. The smell of straight up black coffee almost suffocated him as it swirled up into his nose. Before even thinking about it, he began to drink it, feeling the bitter coffee glide across his mouth and down his throat almost relieving his pounding headache.

His coffee addiction started a bit after Izuku's "death", and from then it's only worsened. The reason why he started was simple. After he'd seen the horrible image of Izu getting hit by a car, he hadn't had proper sleep in ages. Most night's he'd wake due to night terrors. It was like he was reliving that exact moment. The words Izuku had said when Katsuki rushed to his side stained his mind, "You did this to me." And then he was still, Katsuki would watch his body disintegrate and then a loud piercing scream filled his head, enough to jerk him out of his sleep. He felt shivers down his spine as he set down his coffee gently. Maybe he had been cursed since then. He didn't bother helping him, all he did was run. He was so scared that he ran.

Katsuki shook himself out of his thoughts, looking out the window to his left instead. In that short amount of time that he had been sitting there, clouds have began to cover the skies like a blanket, the sun was just peeking out of them lighting up just enough so that a beam of light shone right in Baku's eye. He closed his eyes and rubbed them only to open them back up and see the sun sucked up by the clouds leaving the city to be dark. Katsuki sought that as his cue to start leaving, taking a couple more sips of coffee, he left a tip and packed up his things. Slipping his wallet in his back pocket and picking his phone of the white table. With a swift wave to the waiter he pushed open the doors and stepped into the parking lot, finding his car parked to his left.

His hand rummaged his front pockets, finding his keys and whipping them out pressing the unlock button. His car beeped and flashed its lights. With a light hum Katsuki got in and started up his engine, hearing the satisfying rumble it gave off. Then he began to drive off to his school to begin another long miserable day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Soo~ How was your little meet and greet last night?" Toga questioned from beside Izuku. They were both sitting on the roof, originally watching the sunrise until clouds showed up. Izuku peered over at Toga, who had her hair up in her signature buns and a light smile beaming her face. It was obvious that she liked to have someone to talk to about boys and her problems, but Izuku had to admit, he liked it too. The other members of the LOV didn't per say, "have feelings". They normally just kill their problems off, which was dark but effective.

"It was great~ You should've seen the look on his face~." Answered Izuku, kicking his legs back and forth off the edge of the building. Toga giggled, setting her hand upon her lips. If Izuku were to first meet Toga and had to guess what she looked like, he would say she resembled a typical school girl. Her outfit and her personality really portrays that of a school girl, he always liked that about her. She wasn't afraid of being seen as that either.

"I bet he was like-" Toga turned towards Deku and made a scared expression on her face, that seemed very exaggerated. Izuku laughed hard, grabbing his stomach and leaning his body over. Toga joined in on his little laugh session. They always had the best laughs together.

"That was pretty accurate." Deku stated making Toga giggle a bit. Both were a little distracted, enough so to not really notice the small droplets of rain beginning to fall upon their skin. Toga raised her eyebrow and held her hand out, waiting for some sort of assurance that she was right. She waited until she felt a cold drop of rain fall into the palm of her slender hand. Deku tilted his head in confusion until he felt a pelt of rain on his cheek, it eventually rolling down until it dripped off his chin.

"It's about to rain, we should head back." Toga said. Izuku nodded but stayed sat in the same position. She side glanced him but he waved her off.

"Don't worry, I'll get going soon, I just wanna get some more air." Toga nodded and left Izuku by himself. Humming in the fresh morning air, smelling like damp earth, he felt himself relax.

I wonder what Kacchan is doing... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beep! Beep! "Come on! You've got to be kidding me!?" He hit his steering wheel in frustration before settling his hands in his hair, lightly squeezing. Morning traffic was always the worst, especially since he was supposed to be going to school. He had 5 minutes to be in school and in his seat, but yet again here he was sitting in traffic with more than 5 minutes to get to school. Katsuki sighed heavily and turned up his music, feeling himself calm down a bit more, letting the beat of the song and the warm piano lift his soul.

Usually people thought of Katsuki to listen to hard rock or maybe rap, but in reality Katsuki listened to calmer songs and pop. At this moment he was listening to, Sign of the Times. It had been one of his favorites ever since it came out a couple years back. Somehow it even calmed down his anxiety after Izuku left. Katsuki felt the sway of the drums and how they cut off into a guitar riff and the ever lasting piano part. The singing made him start lip syncing the lyrics feeling them through every word. Just stop your crying, it's a sign of the times... His nerves were now relaxing, and yet again he was back into his original state. Peaceful.

And like that the traffic finally started moving and with a couple seconds to spare he ran through the halls and into his classroom, hearing the bell ring as soon as he closed the door behind him.

Maybe luck is coming back ever since you visited my room...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Thank you for reading!
Have a great night/day
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee