037

Jace

"What you wanna do? I tell her and catch the smoke while you comfort her or what? Don't even matter to me, honestly" I said to Cash as we sat in the living room after we ate. He sighed and shook his head before standing up. "Nah, switch it around I got it. Y'all live together, I can always step off and let her calm down. I want one of us to stay with her, no matter how she react. I rather you be on that good side for this one" I shook my head and agreed as we dapped up. We was sitting in the family room on the sectional and Shanny walked in and sat next to me. "Whew, I am full! Thank you baby, What yall watching? Cash, where Lex at?" Cash was sitting on the loveseat to the left of us. "She had to take her Grandma to the grocery store and shit, she big as a house and don't even need to be driving her damn self if you ask me, I even offered to do it but, you know her. Stubborn as hell like you" Shanny laughed and smacked her teeth, "Oh whatever and what the hell are you?"

"Hey, DJ? I'm sorry to interrupt, could you come here for a second?" Ty came halfway down the steps and called me. I nodded and got up and went upstairs.

"Shanny, we got talk about somethin baby girl" I heard Cash say and I instantly knew my whole day was about to go down the drain. "Wassup punk ass, you good?" I walked into Nico's room behind Ty.

"Yeah he's fine, I just need your help moving him onto the pot. The lift won't be here til Monday and he insist that he can't wait and he's tired of-" Nico cut her off. "Gettin my damn legs lifted and ass wiped like a damn infant. Put me on the damn toilet" I laughed and shook my head. "Aight man, I'll pick yo ass up but I ain't wipin no ass and cover ya lil peeter whacker man." We all laughed and he flipped me the bird as I he took the cover off him and Ty moved the lil toilet thing close to the bed. "I got a gown on you bitch" He laughed, "And you better ask Ty nigga, this ain't no lil peeter whacker this Pete, The Wacker"

"Hope, 'Pete' still work in the end for your sake dummy" I joked as I picked his ass up bridal style and sat him on the thing, the shit you do for ya siblings man. "Aight, I don't want no parts of none of this, call me when you finished" I went out and shut the door. "Thank you!" Ty yelled through the door.

As soon as I hit the hallway I heard raised voices. I sighed before I headed down.

"Me!? The nigga was already stuck to the fuckin floor wit 2 holes in his head when I got to em! That mothafucka was there for days Shanny man- get the fuck outta here wit that shit" Shanny gasped and covered her mouth as Cash stormed out the front door.

"JACE!!" The blood curdling scream came from the living room making me rush down and hug her. "Come here ma, I'm sorry I know, I know. I know this ain't what you wanted."

After shaking and crying into me for a good five minutes she pushed me away. "Jace...Look me in my eyes right now and promise me you OR Cash didn't have nothing to do with this. I can't take no more bullshit or nobody else fucking lying to me."

I exhaled deep to keep my cool, two of us being pissed off, always go left, fast. "Shanny, to be honest it's kind of fucked up you would think me or Cash would do some shit like that to you, let alone after we both sat in your face and promised you we wouldn't and would let you call the shots. Now I promise you won't see me or him shed a god damn tear bout him being gone and that's the cold hard truth baby girl but we both love you way too much to do that to you. Coolie..is on video breakin' in with a slug a few days after we left.. Your brother would never do no shit like that Shanny."

She cried some more and ran her hands through her hair. "Jace... I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it I-" She started bawling again and I just pulled her into me and rubbed her back as we sat on the couch.

I woke up to my phone vibrating in my hand. It was a text from Nico saying he was ready. I looked at the time and at Shanny passed out across my lap with a red face and nose from crying. Over 45 mins had gone by. I gently moved her head off my lap and on to the couch and went upstairs.