Chapter 9: Sabaody Archipelago Part 3: The Auction House

(A/n I'm sorry not sorry about the last chapter. Cliffhangers are so much fun to write. As an apology, this chapter is a long one with lots of action. Enjoy my lovelies!

Song: Control by Hasley)

"Think we should buy a slave Killer? It's getting boring round the ship with no one to torture." Kid chuckled darkly as they entered the human auction house in Grove One.

Killer grunted in response at him. He looked around as the group of men entered the house. He didn't like it here. Almost everyone here were nobles of some sort or at least rich enough to pretend to be one. They moved to the side to stay close to the doors and waited as more people filed in. He nudged Kid as a Celestial Dragon family walked in. Kid grinned and chuckled.

"The Celestial Dragons. Go figure. They do love their slaves. When people in power are cruel and greedy it makes common criminals like us look pretty humane in comparison." He licked his lips as he watched the 2 figures make their way down the steps. "When scum like that are the ones writing the rules, it creates more scum. They hate pirates but they're the ones who made us. But at least we are endearing as we are mean. Isn't that right Killer? It seems fair." He chuckled again.

"Agreed." Killer nodded his head in agreement.

Heat leaned in close to Kid and pointed to a section of the isles. "Hey boss, take a look. See that?"

"Huh?" Kid looked to where the bluenette was pointing. His grin widened as he saw a familiar face. "Well I'll be damned. It's Trafalgar Law from the North Blue. Worth 200 million berries. I've heard some pretty ugly rumors about him." He licked his painted lips as he spoke.

As if sensing the red head, Law turned his head to look back at him, his golden eyes glinting in the semi darkness of the room. Both men held the stare until the raven haired captain flipped him off with a chuckle and turned back to look at the stage. Kid clenched his teeth and grinned.

"He must be a fan of mine too."

"I doubt that Capitan." Killer looked around again as if searching for a certain person. "Do any of you see (Y/n)? She should be here by now. She can fly faster than we can walk."

"Hmm you're right." Kid murmured. He looked down at his bracelet that was shimmering slightly on his arm. He lifted his arm and felt the metal band pull slightly. His eyes narrowed as it pulled his arm down towards the stage. A pit began to form in his stomach. He had a bad feeling all of a sudden. He shook his head. "She should be here shortly if she's not here already. She might be in disguise since all these scum are here."

The crew nodded as they heard that. Makes sense. Having wings would be a high prize to have for collectors. They settled back against the wall, keeping an eye out for you as they watched the auction begin to start.

******

Pain. That's all you felt as you slowly began to wake up. Your head felt as if it was filled with rocks and your mouth full of cotton. You groaned slightly as you tried to get a sense of your bearings. You tried to open your eyes but it seemed like you were blindfolded. You focused on your hearing instead and strained to hear. You could hear quiet murmurs of people talking, the clanking of what you assumed was metal and the quiet sobs of a girl. "C-Cami?" You heard the crying stop, and a small gasp was heard.

"(Y/n)! You're awake!" The mermaid sniffled as she spoke. You heard that metal sound again as someone moved and you flinched when you felt a small hand touch your leg.

"Where are we? What happened?" As your body began to wake up more, you were able to wiggle your hands and feet. You could feel cold metal on all your limbs. Chains. They had chained you. You tried to struggle more but the drug that they had got you with was still in your system, keeping your main body paralyzed.