Chapter 15: Rare comfort

(Hello hello! Hope you enjoy this super sweet chapter as the 2nd half to the previous. Enjoy! )

(Soldier, Poet, King
Song by The Oh Hellos)

Main story

"(Y/n).....(y/n)."

You let out a small groan and turned your head to burrow deeper in your pillow. You didn't want to wake up. Your bed was so comfortable. You felt your bed shift slightly as someone climbed up and then suddenly felt a weight on your stomach. You tiredly opened your eyes and let out a groan when you saw your Captain still well.... A kid. "5 more minutes Kid. Lemme finish my nap."

"Wake up ya lazybutt." You felt him begin poking you when you didn't move. "Wake uuuuppppp."

Fast as lightning you reached up and grabbed him as you rolled over, chuckling as he tried to protest.

"Lemme go Shrimp!" He tried to wiggle out of your embrace but you held him tightly.

"But you're the perfect teddy bear size my Tulip." You mumbled as you nuzzled into his hair. Even as a child his red locks were soft. You gently began stroking his back and smiled when you felt him finally relax against you, his arms coming up as he curled up against you. You stayed like that for a couple more minutes until you heard a knock at the door.

"Little one, are you awake? I think your help is needed in the kitchen."

You let out a groan and let go of Kid as you rolled over to face the door. "It's open Heat." You felt Kid hug your back as the door opened and Heat peeked in.

"Is Captain with you?"

"When is he not?" You snickered. "Ow!" You held your head when the latter smacked it. You sat up in the bed and grabbed the red head as he tried to flee towards Heat laughing hysterically. "Get back here you brat!"

"Lemme go lemme go!" He said when you grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and held him up, his arms and legs pinwheeling as he tried to free himself.

Heat let out a chuckle as he watched. "What, only like 1 more day right? Before you are back to normal Boss?"

You nodded as you moved to place Kid in your lap, holding down his arms as he tried to squirm out of your grip. "According to Bonney, yes. But she didn't say when on the 3rd day they will turn back."

"Next time I see that bitch ima kill her!" Kid seethed. "I hate bein a kid. This is so fucking annoyin!"

"You can try but I have a feeling the outcome would be the same Cap." You snickered as you poked his face, the latter trying to bite your finger. "Anyway, where am I needed Heat? You mentioned something about the kitchen?"

Heat chuckled as he watched the 2 of you bicker to each other. "Killer's in the kitchen and he's asking for you. Something about his turn today?"

"Oh yeah that's right. I promised I'd help him with his chores today since I helped Kid yesterday." You stuck out your tongue at the redhead in your lap.

"That's cuz I'm the Captain and I come first." He finally was able to wiggle out of your grasp and darted towards Heat, hiding behind the tattooed man as he stuck his tongue out at you. "Now hurry up and get out of bed. I'm bored waiting."