Chapter 13: I See Fyre

(A/n: Hello hello my lovelies! I am so sorry this took so long to write as writers block has hit me in the gut hard. I have so many ideas for later chapters that I want to jump right into it but for the flow of the story, I can crank out a few more. So without further ado, hope you enjoy this chapter! Song is I See Fire by Ed Sheeran)

Main story

You let out a content sigh as you watched the chaos unfold in front of you. Kid had allowed the crew to throw a party as a reward for the past few raids that had gone successfully and the crew was going wild. You were currently docked on a small island, so there was plenty of fresh fruit and game to make food. You took a big gulp from your tankard, the spiced rum running smoothly down your throat, a little spilling from the side of your mouth as you drank. You were currently sitting on the ledge of the ship leaning up against the shroud ropes, a knee bent in front of you with the other hanging down. A playful smirk rose to your face as you watched a couple of them run to grab something from down below, while some of the men moved some tables to make room in the middle of the deck. You gave a small hum as you watched Killer come towards you, taking another drink as he stood against the railing next to you, his long hair flowing in the breeze. You gave a small chuckle as he leaned against you, with you moving to wrap an arm around his shoulder, your hand draping down on his chest, holding him close. He took a sip from his tankard, a straw comically stuck through the holes in his mask, before he spoke.

"Not gonna join the festivities little Butterfly? You usually love parties."

You absently tapped your fingers in tune with the beat on his chest as you thought. "I'll join later. Looks like the boys are having enough fun by themselves." You gave him a pat as some of the crew called for Killer, waving a pair of drumsticks in the air. "But it looks like you are wanted."

Killer let out a small groan when he caught the sticks thrown at him. You let out a giggle as you gave him a nudge, the blonde shaking his head as the crew cheered for him to play.

"Go get them Tiger." You smiled as he trudged towards the drum set that the crew had brought up and sat behind them, expertly twirling the sticks in the air before starting up a beat that had everyone cheering.

You watched for a bit as the crew danced and sang, laughing and clapping along with the beat. All of a sudden you felt a slight tugging on your arm and you glanced down. Your arm had lifted slightly, your metal bracer glinting in the fading light as it was pulled away from you. You let out a small huff and rolled your eyes as you slipped off the railing and into the crowd. Nimbly you danced around, feet barely on the floor as different members of the crew drew you in for a dance, twirling you around as you laughed loudly with glee. Tattooed hands caught you eventually and you looked up to the smiling face of Heat.

"Having fun little one?" He hummed as he lifted you up and spun you around in time with the music, his light blue hair fanning out around his head.

You giggled as you were lifted and set back down. "That I am my sugarcube. But I believe the captain has been trying to call me. Have you seen him?" You smiled up at him gently as you danced around. Heat looked around for a moment and smiled as he swung you one last time before gently nudging you out of the crowd. You stumbled for a moment before a hand grabbed your upper arm, pulling you so that you fell into a warm lap. You looked up with a smirk to meet the gaze of your hot headed captain.

"Took you long enough Shrimp." He gave a chuckle as you shifted to get comfortable in his lap, sitting sideways as your legs crossed over his knees, head resting on his shoulder as he pulled you closer, pressing a kiss to your temple as you curled up on him.

You gave a small hum as you looked up at him, lifting a hand to trace a pattern on his bare chest, his porcelain skin warm to the touch. You grinned when you felt him shiver slightly. "Sorry but it seems everyone wanted to have a dance with this little fairy." You let out a small giggle as he grabbed your hand and brought it up to his lips, gently kissing your knuckles as he watched the crew's antics, brow furrowed as if deep in thought.