Chapter 26: Nightmare of Memories 🍋

A/n
And we are back! Sorry for the long wait my Lovelies. Life is not being too kind to us lately so this took a while to find the time and energy to get this out. So have a long chapter as an apology. Hopefully now, we can get chapters out sooner.

Anyways, not much is known about the Kid Pirates and their childhood besides the little bit Oda has given us. so this chapter is my interpretation of who Victoria was and how she died, thus leading to the events of the Kid Pirates forming. Enjoy and let us know what you think!

(Songs used in this are the "Hurt incantion" from Tangled and "Upper Moons Rap" by None Like Joshua. Please listen to really get the spinechilling effect!)

Main story

"Tori, we really should be going. It's almost dinner time."

The light redhead looked back at you, laughing when she saw the pout on your face. "Relax (Y/N) we still have time. I doubt anything will happen if we stay for a little while yet." Victoria turned away from you as she concentrated walking across a fallen log, her arms out wide as she balanced.

You shifted from foot to foot, gripping the small basket you were carrying that was filled with berries and nuts you were able to find within the past couple hours. The boys were expecting you home soon, with Killer having said he would make your favorite dinner of (favorite food) since you three had come into some extra money from the last heist you did. Despite your young ages - Kid being 14, Killer 18, with Victoria and yourself being 16 years old - Kid and Killer were the heads of two of the four gangs that ruled this side of your home island. Heat and Wire were the leaders of the other two, but the four of them got along well enough to live rather peacefully. People knew better than to mess with you girls since you were under the protection of all four of them, and their words were the law around here. May the Gods help those who tried to rebel against them. There was, however, one rival gang who ruled the other side of the island much to the irritation of your boys. They were powerful in their own right and did a lot of things to try to usurp your turf but they haven't succeeded yet. Which is another reason why you wanted to go home as soon as possible. You may be technically off limits but that hasn't stopped people before from trying to harm you or Victoria to get to Kid or Killer.

A snap of a branch shook you out of your thoughts and you nervously looked around, the shadows dancing within the trees. You longed to jump up and fly away but your wings were hidden away beneath layers of bandages that were wrapped around your body under your clothes, giving you the appearance of a normal human girl at first glance. You learned from an early age to not let people know you had wings, especially on this island. The government had no say here so it was a lawless land where anything goes and anything deemed unique, especially a person with wings like yours, could and would be sold for the right price if caught. Not that anyone has succeeded in that. The people who somehow had found out about you were hunted down and taken care of before word got out about what you were but there were still rumors murmured of a supposed fairy who lives in the woods.

"Victoria..."

The ginger haired girl looked over at you and sighed before jumping down from her perch landing in a graceful crouch. "Alright fine ya big baby. Stop whining." She gave a stretch before hitting your shoulder with hers as she pushed past you. "Can't wait to tell the boys that you were being a big crybaby!" She snickered as you pouted.

"Am not! You know how dangerous it can be after night time. Sure we can fight but we still are girls, Tori. Besides, they'd kill us if they knew we did this today." You said as you ran after her, grabbing her hand she held out to you and held it tightly as you continued down the beaten path.