Chapter 10: The Sabaody Archipelago Part 4: A Prophecy to be told

(A/n: hello my lovelies! I'm sorry for the late update. Just got my surgery to be sterile (yay!) So I was mostly asleep this past week healing up from being cut open. This is the last chapter that will be following the story cannon before the 2 year time skip so I'm really looking forward to the next chapters as it gives me wriggle room to really flesh out the readers story as we don't really know what the Kid Pirates were up to in that 2 year gap. But enough bout me! Hope you enjoy this whiplash of a chapter!
****MASSIVE SPOILERS IF ONE HAS NOT REACHED THE MARINEFORD ARC!!!!!*** Don't forget to like and comment if you can! Also, the first person who can connect the dots within the story and the name of this little story.... winner gets a chapter dedicated to an adventure of their choosing!)

Main story time!

The first thing you noticed when you woke up was how thirsty you were. Your mouth felt like it was stuffed with cotton and your throat was full of sand. You tried to swallow but that didn't help. You slowly opened your eyes, your vision blurry at first but then it got better as you blinked a few times. You seemed to be in the infirmary back on Victoria Punk. You looked to your left and saw 2 iv drips, one red and one clear, both running down to attach to your left arm. You looked down at your body and saw that someone had changed your clothes. Instead of the white outfit you had on from before you were now clothed in a simple backless shirt and it felt like leggings. You let out a smile though when you saw a familiar red fur coat spread out on top of you and the bed, its presence soothing you.You made a mental note to ask who changed you as you slowly woke up, but you figured it was probably the Doc and most likely Killer. They've both been taking care of you for years so there isn't something that they haven't seen from you that would fluster them. You looked to your right and saw a glass of water on the nightstand. You tried to reach for it but your body failed you. You let out a frustrated sigh. You started when you realized that someone was with you. You groggily blinked your eyes as you tried to process who was with you. Blue hair, tattoos of stitches….you felt relief when you realized that Heat was with you. He was sleeping soundly but when you tried to get the glass, he woke up.

"Y-y/n?" He blinked the sleep out of his eyes as he looked at you. He almost fell out of his chair when he saw you. "Little one you're awake?!" He jumped up and came closer.

You gave him a small smile. "Hello to you too, sugarcube." Your voice came out raspy and hoarse. Heat grabbed the water next to you as you began coughing. He helped you sit up and held the glass for you as you drank. "Thank you." You whispered as you finished.

"Of course." Heat replied as he set the glass back on the nightstand. "I'll be right back. Captain needs to know you're awake. He's not been in…the best mood." He let out a small chuckle as you groaned. He leaned in and gave you a quick kiss on your forehead. "But I'm glad you're awake now, little one. The whole crew has been worried. Stay put. I'll be right back."

You gave a small nod as the bluenette left the room. You let out a sigh as you leaned back. You let out a hiss as the movement jostled your wings. Your wings! You turned slightly to try to look at them but were interrupted by the thudding of footsteps and the door slamming open. You looked up sheepishly to see most of the crew hanging in the doorway staring at you. You let out a small wave. "Hi boys."

Many had tears in their eyes as they jostled each other in an attempt to be the first to hug you. You watched with a warm smile, feeling a little overwhelmed yet touched from the clamor as the crew talked over each other as they showered you with affection.

"Ahem."

Everyone looked at the door to see Killer leaning against the door and Kid glowering in the doorway.

"Out."

The crew quickly left, saying their goodbyes as they shuffled out the door. You looked down as Killer shut the door. Your heart pounded in your chest as you waited. You heard both of them move to be on either side of you and heard a click and then smiled as a striped helmet was placed in your hands. You looked up as they both then sat down on the bed. You opened your mouth to say something but were stopped as Kid kissed you suddenly.