Chapter 2: Questions

As I wake up I cringe at the light. My eyes finally adjust to the sight of the clock: 6:01, I'd better get up. I have to be to work by 6:50. As I get up from the bed I realize that Josh isn't there. I decide to forget about it. Once I'm done with my shower and makeup, I pick out yet another covering outfit. I go back to the mirror for one final check and see my cheek. It's still red and burning from the slaps in the elevator, I cover it up with a good makeup job.

As I reach the living room, I see Josh in his scrubs. "Hey lovely." He says, walking by a grabbing my butt. "Please don't." I say sort of whining. "I do what I want. And right now what I want is you." He says kissing my neck. His hands roam my body, and I'm searching for a way out. I remember work. "I have to go, I have to be to work by 6:50, and it's 6:30." He just seems disappointed, hopefully this will be the day he leaves me alone. I then leave for work.

I'm nervous about the precinct. I don't want to have an awkwardness between me and Castle. Oh well, here I go. I enter the precinct everything looking normal. But I can't see Rick either. I enter the bullpen. I sit down and start to look over the case once again, finding nothing new, this killer is gifted at knowing what we look for, we have no clues. "Yo, Beckett." says Espo. "Yeah?" I reply. "Have you seen Castle?" "I thought you had something about the case. And no I haven't seen Castle, why?" "No reason. Later chicka." "Bye." That was weird. It's now 10:00am and Castle is still no where to be seen.

My body is aching, and I need to get all of this off of my chest. I need to talk to Lanie. As I'm about to get up I hear footsteps coming toward me. Familiar footsteps. Castle. "Hey, I bring gifts of coffee." He says smiling. "Thanks Castle, that's very kind." I say smiling. As I reach my arm out a gasp of pain emerges from my lips. I quickly set the coffee down and get up, but Castle blocks my way. "Castle please move." I say not liking the authority that men have. "No, Kate, we need to talk.""Kate? Since when did you start calling me Kate?" I say. "Since things started getting serious. Who's been doing this to you?" He says lifting my arm and revealing my arm. His face is shocked by all the bruises that are actually on my arm. I quickly pull my arm away and cover my arm. I start to walk away but he grabs my wrist, I cry in pain. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, I-I-I didn't mean to." Castle says.

By now the tears are falling from my face and eyes are slowing turning towards us. "It's fine, just- just please don't- just forget it ok?" I say choking on my words. "Beckett, I can't forget about this. This is serious. Someone's hurting you. Is it Josh? Is it someone else? Who? Please tell me." Rick says, very desperate. I can't say anything, I just start to run. As I approach the elevator I hear him running after me. As the doors are closing he slips in at the last moment. He presses to stop button on the elevator.I so used to abuse I can't take the presence of a man. I lose it, and scream, "Please don't hurt me!" then I slide to the bottom of the elevator in tears.

By now I'm wailing, part of me happy to get everything out of my system, well almost everything. As Castle approaches he sees me scoot back and curl up on the floor. "I am not going to hurt you, I care about you. Come on Beckett, you know me, I lo-care about you." Castle says kneeling next to me.He places his hand on my back rubbing his hand gently up and down. I finally calm down and sit up, I then fall drowsily into his chest. "Kate please tell me." he says. "I can't, can I please go now?" I say. "Are you serious?" he says raising his voice. He sees me cower so he then calms his voice down.

"I'm sorry but after everything that just happened, you're still not going to tell me?" "I'm sorry." I say getting up and pressing the stop button once more, starting the elevator once again. Once it reaches the bottom floor I step out and walk to my car, and lock myself in it and cry. I cry for my whole lunch hour, then freshen up and walk back to the precinct.Everything is getting to me, the stress, the abuse, the pain, my love for Castle- wait what? Where did that come from. Wait no dear- my thoughts were interrupted by me vomiting in front of my murder board. Castle and the boys run to my aid, assisted by the company of Captain Gates. "Detective Beckett are you alright?" Gates says. I try to answer but once again I choke and another round comes. Voices all around me are asking questions, and calling my name, everything gets blurry and then I can't see anything at all. I pass out and then fall to the ground.

Chapter 2 done! Hope you liked it!

- K