Chapter 9: The Wrong Mistakes

"Miss Beckett has developed a form of short term memory loss." Said the doctor. "Will her memory ever return?" Castle asked. "Yes. Hopefully. When she hit her head on whatever it is, she hit a certain part of her brain causing the memories of the past few days to disintegrate. They should return by tomorrow, but just to be sure there are no complications we're going to keep her overnight." "Ok, thank you." The doctor walked off, and Castle then walked into Beckett's room. He saw her laying in bed, eyes closed, lifeless almost. He walked over and grabbed her hands, softly speaking to her, whispering 'I love you.' He then left the room.

 KATE'S P.O.V.I awoke to pounding once again. I slowly sat up, looking around the hospital room. I then remembered everything. Josh, Castle, Gates, everything. I needed to get out. I started to get out of bed when Castle entered. "What are you doing?" he asked. "Leaving." I replied, "No you have to stay here overnight." "No, I remember everything. You free, and Josh is behind bars, well interrogation, and I want to see him crumble." "You can't." "Why not!" "Just wait till morning ok, can you do that for me?" "No." "Kate-" "Really, Kate?" "Sorry." "Whatever." I then layed back down, pouting like a- a- well like a Castle. "I'll go get the doctor." he said, exiting the room.The next morning I was free to go. We headed straight to the precinct, I was barging through the doors when I was slowed down by Esposito. "Whoa, you can't go in there, he'll kill you, just observe and not disturb." He said. I was impatient so I replied like a smart ass, "Thanks for the lesson Barney." "Come one, just watch." "Fine." We parted ways, he went into interrogation with Josh and Ryan, while I went with Castle to the viewing area. Castle and I went in and sat down watching Esposito start a conversation. "So," he said, "You and Miss Beckett, why do you want to hurt her?" I don't want to hurt her," Josh said, "I love her, and she loves me." "You tired to kill her." "I did not!"Josh was now screaming his whole demeanor changed. "Woah Josh." said Ryan. "Fine I did abuse her, but it was great! She did almost everything I said, it was amazing, and the way she screamed, oh my God it was perfect, complete bliss." I was now in tears remembering the pain he caused me.

 Castle must have saw because he next thing I know is that his strong comforting arms are around me. I leaned itno him. "Ryan intervened, "You do NOT talk about Kate like that." "I do what I want." Josh said. "No you don't and you're going away for a long time." "I refuse to say anything else, get me my lawyer, I'm taking this to court." You've got to be frickin kidding me." "Nope." The boys then angrily walked out of interrogation and into the viewing area. They saw me leaning on Castle. "Your ass is gonna get kicked if Gates finds out." Espo. said. "I don't care." I said like a child. "Beckett-" "Espo. I'm tired of running and quitting, I'm stopping." "Gate's is coming!" Ryan scream whispered, me immediately detaching from Castle. "Fierce." Said Espo., he got me to laugh, fun. I missed laughing, I was tired of trying to be someone I'm not. I have problems with letting people help me. But I have Castle, and he'll help me, he always will.

 Soon the boys and L.T. took Josh into holding where Castle was now out of. I wanted to visit him, but I wasn't allowed. Later me and Castle headed home. Gates still hasn't suspected anything, well I'm still not clear about my memory loss timeline. When we reached Castle's loft, he started dinner. "Do you want any help?" I asked. "No?" "Why?" "I just don't!" I took a step back, he was angry for some reason I didn't know. "Did I do something?" "No." "I don't believe you. Castle you can tell me." "Fine. You really want to know?" "Yes." "It's you." "Me? What are you talking about?" "You just don't stop, and you keep on going, and it get's annoying." "Annoying? What are we five." "Sometimes maybe, but this isn't one of those times. You don't deal with things properly." "Well neither do you. You don't-" I deal with things!" "No you don't!" (Sorry for my language) "I deal with things my own fucking way!" he had never yelled at me or used those words. "Fine," I said, "Then deal with this, we're done. I hate you Richard Castle. Deal with that." I said walking out of his loft. I then hailed a taxi and went to my apartment. I wasn't looking forward to it, because of Josh, but I had to gather my things and find a new place.