Chapter 6: Caught in the Act

Gates went home early so I decided to open up Castle's cell. "Hey, Castle." I said. He smiled at me. I went in and sat next to him. The cellmate he was talking to was soon released because he gave in and turned in his father. So Castle was alone. I brought a blanket in with, and snuggled in next to him. I placed my head in the crook of his neck. "You look better," he said, "Your eye is clearing up." "Yeah," I replied, "Now the goal here is to get you out."

I was now with Castle for at least an hour and half, I was following my hands along the lines on his face, his eyes were closed so I assumed he was sleeping. "Are you having fun?" he said. "Yes. But I thought you were sleeping." I said. "Nope." "We're gonna get you out, right?" "Of course." "But how do you know that?" "I don't." "Then how-" "But I have you, and that's basically the same thing." "Awwww, I love you." "I love you too." Finally it was coming. I leaned in and he did to. Our lips touched.

His were so soft.It started off soft and gentle and then it got more passionate. His lips fit mine perfectly. I have no idea why I waited so long to do this. I sat up on my knees and started to climb on top of him. His hands reached for my assets and then I stopped him. "Castle, I would go all the way with you, but we're in a dirty and cold jail cell. I am not having sex with you." I said, climbing of of him. "You can't blame a guy for trying." Castle said. I laughed. "No you can't" I said in between laughs. We then fell asleep.The next morning we were awoken by laughing. Only it wasn't morning. "Kate, Kate, Kate." Josh said, standing outside Castle's cell.

"Josh, what are you doing here?" I said. He said nothing just locked the cell and walked away. "Castle what are we going to do?" I said all panicked. "Well we're in a jail cell, which is in a precinct...so I'm pretty sure we're ok." "NO , we're not. If someone finds us we're not going to be able to work together anymore." "It's fine Beckett." "Castle it's not-" "It is." "Fine but I-" "Do you believe me?" "Of course I do." I leaned in and kissed him. It just felt so right. I loved him. He was my one and done. I fell asleep in his arms. When I woke up I checked my watch. Crap! It was 6:56. Cops always do a cell check at 7:00 and I was already late for work. "Castle. Castle! Wake up." I said. Castle just mumbled something to himself and snuggled into the blanket. This was so cute. He could do this with our kids. Wait what? Where did that come from. It doesn't matter cause it's true.

"Castle, wake up. Umm... I'm cold with all my clothes off." I said very vulnerable. His eyes quickly popped open and then he made he made a sad puppy face."Hey I thought that you were serious." he said. "Why on earth would I be serious?" I said. "I don't know. But some part of me still hoped." "Maybe later." "Seriously?" "Seriously." "Damn I need to get out of here." "No shit sherlock.." We quickly got up. I then heard keys rustling. "Castle I need to hide." I said. "How?" he said, genuinely confused. It was too late. "Castle what are you-" said Ryan stopping when he saw me.

"Ryan I-well we were- and then Josh-." I couldn't finish my words. "Is that a hickey?" Espo. said, pointing to my neck. "Umm." "So you and Castle? Finally. You two. Just perfect." "Hey Ryan," Castle said, "Can you get us out." "No," said Espo., "I can get her out but I can't get you-" "Wait did you say Josh?" Ryan interrupted. "Yes." "Espo." "On it." "Beckett you coming?" "Right. Bye Castle." I said. "Bye." he replied.We went into the precinct by my desk, (the bullpen I think) I set my jacket on my chair. "Hey Beckett." said Ryan. "Yeah?" "You might want to cover you hickey." "Right, thanks." "Anytime." We tried to solve the murder with a few different scenarios before Espo came back with the footage. "Let's go to Tori." he said. And we followed. "Hey guys, what can I do for you?" Tori said, reviewing different pictures and videos from our victim's phone. "Can you show us the holding cell footage from last night, preferably on Castle's cell." Ryan said. "Of course." she said.

The video started playing and it just showed me and Castle talking by, then it showed me opening his cell. All of them looked at me, so went over and closed all of the blinds. Then showed us snuggling with each other under the blanket. Then it showed our kiss and me climbing on top of him. I felt my cheeks getting hot. Everyone eyes shifted to me. "What?" I said. "Nothing." We finished reviewing the footage it was just me and Castle kissing non stop. "I don't see Josh," said Ryan, "Just a lot of lips." "But I swear- wait what is that?" I said pointing to bottom left on the screen. On the screen it showed the front of what seemed to be a shoe. "Is that a shoe?" said Tori. I nodded. "Click play." I said. Once the video resumed the shoe disappeared, we waited a whole kissing scene and then we saw the shoe appear and then disappear again."It's on a loop." said Espo. "That's pretty messed up," I said, "So that proves Castle's innocent, right?" I ran towards Castle's cell with the news when I reached his cell he was all bloody and beaten.

"Castle!" I screamed, "Help, help! Please. Castle please!" I couldn't open the door. The keys weren't working and the lock was fused shut. I was trying to get to Castle. I needed to help him. "Castle I love you, please don't give up on me." A few minutes later Espo. and Gates came in with tools to pry the bars apart. Once we got the bars apart I immediately ran to Castle. "Hey Beckett," Espo said, "Gates is here you might not want to get all intimate." He said in a whisper. I held back a little. "We need a doctor." Gates yelled. They got Castle sitting up, he was still unconscious and bleeding. "Castle hey," I said placing my hand on his shoulder, "it sure is hot, I might have to take off my shirt." I whispered."It's not nice to lie." Castle coughed out. "Oh my God you're alive!" I said overjoyed.

The doctors then put an oxygen mask on Castle taking his temperature and checking his heart rate and blood pressure. Gates left the area to pick up a phone call. "Beckett, I'm so glad I got to see you again, I though he took you." Castle said. "YOu thought who took me?" I said. "Josh. He said that he took you and hurt you, and that he was now going to hurt me." "Well, he not going to hurt me anymore. YOu wanna know why? Because we know you're innocent, which means he's guilty." I smiled and leaned in to kiss him. I felt electricity shoot through my veins. "I love you." I said. "I love you more." "Well I love you most." I leaned in and we kissed again.