Chapter 32: Choices and Reasons

I'm flashing forward James is now 10.

"Mom!" James called to me, I then turned and saw him running down the stairs. "I'm gonna be late!" I watched as he ran over to me and his puppy dog face formed, it looked like Rick's.

"Ok, James do you have your stuff for school?" I asked handing him his lunch.

"Yes. Where's daddy!"

"James don't yell, he's getting ready."

"But mom!"

"James."

"Sorry." Just as he said that Castle walked out, he then handed me the keys and we left for James' school. When we got him there he said goodbye and then we drove to the precinct. The whole ride there I could feel Castle's eyes on me. When I finally sat down at my desk and he at his chair, I couldn't take it anymore.

"Castle why are you staring at me!" I said with an annoyance in my voice.

"Let's get married." He replied plainly.

"That's what my ring is for."

"I know but we haven't gotten married, so let's do it."

"Castle do you know how much time that would take?"

"Then let's just invite immediate family, like Lanie, the boys, and people like that."

"Ok, I guess."

"Great when?"

"Next week, ok?"

"I love you."

"Yeah, I know."

I then smiled and blushed. The rest of the work day Castle kept trying to hug me, and tease me, he was making me laugh but I didn't want Gates to hear, so I tried to hold it in. She wasn't fond of me choosing Castle but she was happy and accepted it. As Castle and I closed the case, we headed over to pick up James from school, and then we would bring him to the precinct to see it for the first time. When he saw us he ran up and gave us hugs.

"Do you want to go to the precinct?" I asked and saw his face light up.

"Yes!" he said giddy.

When we reached the precinct he ran to my desk where he saw my name tag. He was now extra happy since Castle and I told him that we were going to get married next week. I told Castle that I would tell Gates, so I went straight to her office.

"Sir?" I asked watching her chair spin around.

"Yes, detective?"

"Castle and I are getting married next week and are only inviting immediate family and close friends and I was hoping that you would like to come?"

"Of course Kate! I'd be honored."

"Great! Oh yeah and I brought my son."

"I heard, just watch him and I'm fine with it."

"Ok Sir, thank you so much."

I then walked out of her office feeling confident, and my heart melting when I saw James and Castle writing on the blank murder board a note to me. It read We love you and it was decorated all cute. I smiled when I saw this and hugged my boys. When we went home that night we watched a ton of movies and ate a ton of popcorn. I then watched as Castle taught James how to play laser tag, and loved how Castle lost on purpose just to see a smile light up on James' face. By the time we all went to bed it was 11:47. Castle told James that he could skip school tomorrow, which at first I wasn't to happy about but eventually adapted too. castle and I then went down and cuddled with each other while we talked about our wedding.

"What am I going to wear?" I asked rolling to face Castle.

"You'll look beautiful in anything. I just can't wait to take it off." Castle replied with one of his charming smirks plastered on his face, and I couldn't help but let out a slight giggle.

"What are you going to wear?"

"Pants and a shirt."

"Great choice."

"Thanks."

I then felt the mood change, and felt the need to cry. Castle must've sensed it and kissed my forehead.

"What's wrong?" He asked moving a strand of hair from my face, and making me look up at him.

"It's nothing."

"Yes it is, do you wanna know how I know?"

"How?"

"My spidey senses."

"God Castle."

"Seriously though what's wrong?"

"Why do you love me? After everything that's happened to me?"

"Because I love you, and my love isn't something that I can just turn on and off, it's something that I can't live without. And you just happen to be my power source, my wifi."

"Thanks for loving me, Castle."

"Always."

I then fell asleep in his arms that night, knowing that he truly did love me, and that we were getting married and spending the rest of our night together, that, that's what I live for.

I'm sorry I haven't update but I've decided that my next chapter is going to be my last chapter. I feel like I've done all I can with this story. But I'm going to start a new one and update frequently, please read it and give it a try, it'll be when Caskett is in highschool. I know that some peopl have been making stories like this but mine will be different, I promise. Love ya pretty people. -K