Chapter 26: Monkey See Monkey Do

RICK'S P.O.V. I walked out of the bathroom to here Beckett talking to our son, she said something about recycling stuff. "Hey," I said turning the attention towards me, "So what do you guys want to do today?" Beckett and James just looked at me. "Why?" Beckett asked me clearly annoyed. "Because this family needs some fun, we have to much depression and sadness in our lives, let's go to get food, or the park, but somewhere away from here for a day." "Fine I guess, what do you want to do today James?" Beckett said towards James. "Umm... I don't know." He said giggling. "Well do you want to swing at the park, or go get breakfast, or go play with your toys here?" I could see the wrinkle come across his forehead as Beckett asked him these so called challenging questions. "Could we go to whe park, or get new toys?" James asked not being able to pronounce the 'th' sound yet. "Sure," I said, "We'll do both." "Yay!" James said ecstatic. Beckett then lifted him down from the stool and placed him on the ground then kneeling down and whispering something in his ear, we she stopped James said, "But mommy-" Kate immediately interjected, "Not buts James.." James then looked down gloomy and bleak, "Ok." He said monotonous. Beckett then lifted him up and put him on her hip, turned to me saying, "I'm going upstairs to get him ready, ok?" "Ok," I replied, "I love you." I finished. "Yeah me too." Beckett said before heading up the stairs and into James' bedroom.

I didn't know what was wrong with Kate, some part of me knew that she was hiding something from me. I know her dad died, but we can solve her murder together like we did with her moms, sure we weren't together then (sorry I'm changing Johanna's murder solving) but still we should work together on her fathers. I then went into the kitchen to get some coffee. I looked around and thought some more. Kate hadn't been eating until I made her that sandwich and fruit, but she still looks a sickly thin and pale. She's going to try and hide it because that's the type of person she is. But I'm not going to confront her about it because that's not going to solve anything. She thinks she can handle everything on her own but she can't she'll fall to deep to the point where I can't reach her. A few minutes later James and her came walking down the stairs. James' shirt said 'writer monkey', which we had made and ordered ourselves online. he was wearing shorts, and cute little baby shoes. "We weady daddy!" James said cute. "I'm gonna go get a bag to put snacks in for him." Beckett said, walking back up the stairs to go get a bag. I kneeled down to James to try and get information Beckett. "Hey, you remember when mommy was talking this morning?" I asked trying keep it plain and simple.

"Yes, daddy." James said. "What did she talk to you about?" "I can't tell you daddy." "Yes you can." "But I pwomised mommy." "But I'm daddy." "No!" "James it's ok to tell me, well what was it about?" "I can't tell you!" "What's going on? Castle what are you doing!" Beckett said almost running down the stairs, to see James was on the verge of tears. "He wasn't answering my question." I said plainly. "Castle that's not your place. And your making him cry!" Beckett argued. "I am not, what did you tell him?" "You're interrogating a three year old!"

"Mommy daddy stop!" James said stuttering from tears, but both Beckett and I didn't notice it until later. We were so heated in our arguing. "Your corrupting a three yer old!" I retorted. "I told him a secret!" "You MADE him keep a secret!" Mommy daddy stop fighting!" James said balling his eyes out, but yet we still didn't notice. "You can't contort my words Rick!" "Then stop giving me reasons too!" "Rick, you cannot keep telling me what to do, our relationship is falling apart!" "Maybe it's for the best!" "Castle!" "Just tell me what you told him Kate!" "No!" "Mommy- dad-daddy!" James cried. "Was it about you, was it about you starving yourself!" "Castle! You cannot talk to me like that!" "Just tell me!" "get out Castle!" "You don't have to tell me twice!" I screamed storming out of the loft and down to my car for a long drive, to someone or something, I don't know.

KATE'S P.O.V. "Get out Castle!" I screamed. "You don't have to tell me twice!" Castle yelled before storming out. "Mommy daddy, fight, stop- fi-fighting!" James screamed through tears, almost hyperventilating. I immediately lost my anger and flew down to him trying to calm him down. "It's okay James." I said trying to bring him in for a hug. But his tears were loud and and not letting him move. He pushed me away. "No mommy!" He cried turning away from me and running into another room. I got up and started to run after him. "James stop! It's- It's ok. Everything going to be fine. As I was running around looking for him, I started to feel light-headed. My stomach was empty and my vision started to get blurred. All I could see was faint and then I fell to the floor. I couldn't get up and slowly started to lose consciousness. James must have heard me fall because I then saw him very faintly running up to me, and calling "Mommy! Mommy! Get up!" before I lost all consciousness and giving in to the darkness, and letting it take me for awhile.