Chapter 10: Aftershock

As Castle stood in the doorway of Beckett's bathroom he saw her laying on the ground surrounded in a pool of her own blood. He immediately ran to her, trying to revive her he sat her up. "Kate, please wake up, I almost lost you, and it can't happen again." He stroked her cheek and looked for the source of all the blood. He found it. She had stabbed herself with a knife. It was so deep in her stomach that the only thing visible was the handle. He didn't know to do, if he put his hand on it, he would push it deeper, and if he removed it, an artery might burst and kill her. But for all he knew she was already dead.

 He stroked her hair, tears falling from his face, "I'm so sorry," he said, "I love you, I was wrong, you were right, and I need to accept that. Because I have no idea what you went through so I'm sorry. I love you, just please don't leave me." He then reached into his pocket and dialed a number. "Hello?" the voice said. "Hi, Lanie it's Castle, can you come over Beckett's hurt, really bad." Castle said. "Oh my gosh, of course! I'm already out the door." He then hung up the phone and returned to Kate. He saw her shake slightly. "Kate, are you here?" he asked. She couldn't speak, she just made moaning hurt noises. Castle cried tears of joy, for Beckett was alive.A few minutes later Lanie arrived. When she reached the bathroom she gasped at the sight. "What happened?" She asked. "I think she hurt herself," Castle said, "Can you just fix her?" "Oh, of course. Now move." Castle slowly removed Beckett's head from his knees and onto the ground. He then watched Lanie work. She was gentle while examining Beckett. "If I remove it I'm going to need your help." She said. "Why?" Castle replied. "To stop the bleeding." "Oh I don't know if I can do that." "Do you want her to die?" "Hell no!" "Then help me." "Ok." "On three I'm going to pull the knife out, and right after your place both of your hands over the wound ok?" "Got it." "On three I'll pull. One, two, three." On three Lanie pulled the knife revealing the wound and the blood.

 Castle lunged towards Kate stopping the blood with his gentle hands. He held his hands firm staring at Beckett's pale and still body. "Ok,"Lanie said, "Thank you, now you can let go and let me help her." Castle didn't budge. "Castle." Lanie said once more, "You need to move." "I can't. And I won't." he replied. "Castle-" "No." "Do you want me to save her?!" "I'm not stupid." "Then let me fix her. She's all yours, I promise, she's never loved anyone as much as she loves you." "Promise?" "Would I lie to you?" "No." "Then move." Castle then moved and let Lanie take over.  She quickly held the wound and bandaged it, stopping the bleeding. Castle thanked her over and over again.

 The pair then picked up Beckett and laid her in her bed. He then moved a chair next to the bed and sat down, grabbing Beckett's hand stroking it, whispering sweet nothing to her. "I'll leave you two," Lanie said walking into the hallway, "And change he bandages every 3 hours like I showed you." "Ok," Castle turning around in the chair, "And thank you, for everything." "Anytime." With that Lanie continued walking. Castle heard the door close and then turned back to Beckett. "We're gonna fix this, you're going to get better, and we're going to get better."Castle said kissing Beckett's cheek and then leaning back in the chair closing his eyes, falling asleep peacefully.When morning came Castle opened his eyes to see Beckett stirring. She slowly opened her eyes, she looked wounded.

 "Hello, beautiful." Castle said. "What happened?" She replied. "You tried to kill yourself." "I would never-" "Well you did." "I thought you hated me why are you even here?" "Because I love you, and I'm sorry. I said all of these loving things in your ears while you were out." "Oh." "Yeah oh. But anyways will you forgive me, because I can't lose a wonderful woman like you." "Of course I'll forgive you, you dumbass. I love you." She said laughing. Her face then changed to pain. "Are you ok?" "Yeah, but I just can't laugh, it hurts." "Well that will get better with time. And I have to change your bandages every 3 hours, and that time is almost up." "Well at least I like you." "I like me too." Castle laughing. "Don't mock me." "Sorry." He said leaning in for a kiss. Oh how he missed that. Now let me go get the bandages." "Ok, I love you." she said saying it like I was never going to come back. Castle heard the tone of voice, and turned around with love in his eyes. "I'll be back." He said, reassuring her, and then turning to the bathroom to get the bandages.

 KATE'S P.O.V. I wasn't sure if he would really come back. I loved him, but he hurt me. And I'm broken so you would want me anyways. But Castle would, he loves me, right? Of course. A few minutes he did come back. I was so happy. But not about the bandages. He then slowly sat me up, supporting my back and then setting pillows behind me. "Ok," he said, "He we go." he then slowly lifted up my shirt being soft and gentle. He then saw how some of the blood ran through the bandages and shivered a little bit. "It's ok," I said, "It's just blood. You see blood all the time, crime scenes remember?" "Yeah." he replied. He then undid the tape, dragging it across my skin until the last bit came off. He then saw the wound, it looked a little red and puffy, but that supposedly normal. He then grabbed the cleaning liquid. He slowly undid the cap and poured it on the wound. I screamed, oh how stung. I screamed in pain. "It's ok, it's ok, I'm sorry, it's almost over." Castle said, trying to reassure me that everything was alright. But that was not what I needed. I needed heavy numbing cream. The stinging felt like a hundred bee stings or being burned to death in lava, or how stubbing your toe feels, but 1000x worse. It was so bad I started to cry.

 Mostly because I  was hurting. emotionally and physically. "I'm so sorry." Castle said, "We're almost done, I promise." He then capped the bottle again. Then rolled out the bandage and placed against my wound, wrapping it around my stomach and across my back. "There, all done." he then patted my back, and helped me lay back down. He kissed my cheek and went to go make dinner. "Pasta good?" he asked. "Totally." I said. he then left the room leaving me and thoughts.  How lucky am I? I though. Very. I man who loves me, and cares for me. I feel like he's the one. The one that I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. After I finished my thoughts I turned and saw Caste in the kitchen cooking and singing to himself. He was so cute. He danced too. He turned and stopped facing me. He then hit a high note and stared straight at me. He then blushed significantly.

 I laughed. It hurt but I didn't show it. He laughed with me, then turned around and continued cooking.  Once he was finished he brought me some with butter and salt and pepper. We then ate while watching the movie The Princess Bride. I fell asleep in his arms, smiling from the movie and Castle's laughs.

Thanks for reading, comment ideas if you want! I'm graduating in 4 days!

- K