Chapter 17: Baby Jokes

I awoke to a beeping monitor. As I opened my eyes, I saw Castle, sitting with his head down, his hand in mine. I tried to speak but nothing happened, so I kept trying. "Castle." I said. His head burst up, and he look at me with tear stricken eyes. "I thought you died," He said, "The doctors told us you flat lined. But- but they got you back." He then leaned his head down, avoiding any other topic of conversation. "What about  my baby," I asked. Castle kept his head down, and I started crying. "Castle, Castle, is our baby dead?" I choked back as many tears as I could. "They don't know." He stated plainly. "How could they not know? They're doctors!" "Beckett, I know but-" "But what!" "When you flat lined, so did the baby." "What?" "And since then, the heartbeat, it hasn't been steady Kate." "You're lying." "Why would I be lying about something this important!" "Because you're job is fiction!" "This is our baby I-"

Castle was cut of by the doctor entering the room, "I see you're up Miss Beckett, now you're babies heartbeat is fading, but we're doing everything we can, to get it back to normal. "See Kate," Castle said, "I told you, and I wasn't lying, about anything." He then got up and walked out of the room. I knew I messed up, I should've believed him, but I just didn't want to believe that my baby could be dying. The doctor updated me on my condition and to tell the truth I wasn't really listening. I was only concerned with my baby and Rick. "When can I go home?" I blurted out totally interrupting the doctor. "You can go home in three weeks, and we'll give you more news on your baby." The doctors said. He then finished more updates and then left the room. Castle soon came back in, after and hour in a half, carrying flowers and a giant teddy bear. I couldn't help but smile.

"What is all of this for?" I said through my giant smile. "Well," he said like a little energetic kid, "The flowers are for you, and so is the teddy bear, but I also thought that we could put the teddy bear in the baby's room too. My smile instantly faded and started to cry. "Ok sorry, don't cry the teddy bear doesn't have to go in the baby's room." Castle said, dropping the bear and setting the flowers on the table, then rushing my bed side. "It's not that." I said placing my hands over my face. "Then what is it?" "It's the baby." "Is there pain?" "No, no it's not that. But what if we don't have a baby." "We will." "No, what if we don't. When I was kidnapped, he kicked me, and hurt me, and-" "Our baby's gonna live, and it's going to live with our giant teddy bear." "Ok." "I love you." "I love you too." Castle then leaned in over my bed and climbed on top with me. He and I kissed. 

The kiss started of slow, but then it became fiery and full of passion. Castle got my heart rate going, and set of the alarm on the tracking machine with all my stats on it. Doctors immediately rushed in with a crash cart, but relaxed once they saw Castle on top of me. "Um, excuse me sir, but you need to get off." A nurse said, but Castle didn't hear her because he was to busy focusing on me. "Sir!" She said a little louder. Castle said a 'sorry' and then got off of me. I fixed my hair, and the sheets. The doctors made sure that I was okay and then left. Once the doors closed, Castle climbed onto the bed once more, but just snuggled in next to me. I soon fell asleep, relieved of stress, and finally being happy again.

2 and a half weeks went by, and Castle and I were doing well and so was the baby. I could go home in a day in a half or something like that. And our baby was great to. Yesterday the doctors came in and told us that our baby was going to be just fine. The heart beat steadied over night, and then they gave us an ultrasound and showed ho everything was back to normal, and how it was strong and that I could go home by this afternoon instead of tomorrow morning. Castle kissed me and then left to go sign the discharge papers. He left me with the giant teddy bear and I rubbed my stomach and started talking to my baby, "Hey little one, I don't know if your a he or she, but just know when you get born into this family a whole lot of problems are heading for you. But just know that we'll get through it as a family. And you already have a sister, her names Alexis and she's 14. She'll be your big sister. And your grandma is very into the performing arts, so prepare to learn. And me, your mommy is a cop, and you're going to get me put on feternity leave, which is bad, because I like to work, but I'll do anything for you. And finally your daddy. Oh gosh your daddy is amazing. He runs through burning buildings for me, he sat in a freezer with me, he was with me through a tiger encounter, and he was even willing to take a bullet for me. He amazing, I love him so much, and he means everything to me. He is the absolute best thing that has ever happened to me. And I love him with all of my heart, and he is going to help me with you little fetus, and we're going to be a perfect family, even with all the bad stuff that happens.

Little did I know that Castle was done with the papers, and was listening in on my conversation with baby fetus. "Hey." he said, coming in. "Did you hear that?" I asked. "Only just about every word." "That was between me and the baby." "Well I'm their father so..." "Come lay down with me." "No." "What why?" "Because we have to get your things packed for the car, so we can go home." "Really!" "Really love!" "Yay!" "Come on let's pack your things. And after all, it's not that much." "I can't wait to leave this place." "Well we're about too." A few minutes later all my things were packed and I put on some clothes, since I've been pregnant for about a month and half my normal "tight" shirt showed my baby bump a little bit. I went to go look in the bathroom and then called Castle. "Yeah?" he said. "I'm fat." I replied. "No your not your just filled." "With what?" "Us. And besides it makes you look even more beautiful. It's actually kind of a turn on." "Really?" "Really." "Then come here," I reached for his hand and then put in on my stomach, he smiled, and then stared into my eyes. "Is that a turn on?" "Hell yeah." Castle then lunged for my lips, and kissed me hungrily. A few minutes later, we came to a stop, and Castle grabbed the "luggage" and we went to the car.

The drive home was calm and quiet. I slept most of the time, but other than that me and Castle just talked about baby names, and how we would decorate the room, and then how we would tell people that I was pregnant. As we got to Castle's loft, it was already 4:00. As we opened the door, the lights flashed on, and every one help 'Welcome Home!' and then came to give me a big hug. I hugged everyone individually and told then how much I missed them. And everyone was there. Everyone I cared about and loved. "Well Kate's going to go to bed she looks so tired." Castle said secretly winking at me, which was my cue. "Yeah, I'm so tired, and I'm so pregnant." Then Castle and I grew the biggest smile on our faces and came to each other for a hug. When we released everyone ran to us for another hug. Congratulating me, and mentioning my baby bump. I talked to Lanie seperatley telling her everything a best friend deserves to know. After a few hours of talking and celebrating everyone went home. Castle and I then went to bed. He made me sleep in a short shirt, so he could see our baby. 

"What if it has some superpowers!" Castle said. "Our baby will not have super powers it's genetically impossible." "Don't say it wouldn't be cool." "It would be amazing, but it would never happen." "Let's fell the baby." Castle and both put our hands on my stomach, and waited. "Nothings gonna happen." I said. "Just believe." "I believe nothing will happen." "You know I love you and your smart ass jokes right?" "Of course." We both laughed and then felt something. "Kate-." "Castle-" "Did you-" "Yeah." "Oh my god!" We then kissed and fell asleep snuggled with each other, and feeling our baby kick.

Hey people! Thanks for reading my story! If you have any suggestions, feel free to tell me them in the comments. <3 K