Chapter 23: Quick Surprises

I made a time lapse of 3 years. So James is able to "talk" and walk and all that fun stuff.

KATE'S P.O.V. After the night Castle and I had last night we were exhausted. We just wanted to sleep. In my dream I could see us happy together. I then felt the bed bouncing and I woke up to see a three and a half year old James bouncing up and down on the bed. "Mommy! Daddy! Wake up!" James yelled, finally plopping down in the middle of me and Castle. "Why are you up so early?" I said, ruffling his hair. "I was bored, and awake, so I decided to come down here!" "All by yourself?" "I slid down the stairs." "Did you fall?" "No, not really. Someone helped me." "There's no one else in this house, but you and me and daddy." "A man helped me, and he kind of look like you mommy." "Who?" "Katie!" My dad said opening the door, to Rick and I's bedroom, and it was only then that I realized I didn't have any clothes on. I covered up the blankets more than when James came in. "Dad, what are you doing here?" I said. "Well I was in the area and we decided to come and visit. I'm making coffee, so you might want to get dressed and wake up your fiance. I then blushed and nodded. "Ok dad." "Come on James, let's give mommy and daddy some privacy." "Why?" James whined. "Because they need to put on clothes." "Ok." James said, grabbing my father's hand and skipping out of the bedroom.

I then look over to my left and found that Castle was still sleeping. I then sat up and smacked him with the pillow. "What?" He grunted. "My dad's are here" "Really?" "Yeah. So we have to go get dressed." "Ok." Castle grunted getting out of bed. I did the same and soon we were dressed and heading out to the kitchen, where I saw my Castle's mom feeding James some strawberries. My dad saw me walked over the me giving me a big hug. "It's so good to see you Katie bear." I laughed replying, "Thanks dad? So why did you come here? Not to be rude." "Well I was in town for business and I'm leaving the state tomorrow night and wanted to just spend tonight to see how well you and Rick here work together." "Oh. Ok, can't wait." I said partly putting on a fake smile. I then glanced over at Castle, who didn't look that happy. "I'm just going to talk to Rick for a second." I said grabbing Castle's hand and dragging him into the bedroom. When we got in I closed the door and started. "Why are you upset?" I questioned. "Aren't you upset?" Castle retorted. "Yeah a little, because I wanted this to just be a weekend for us. When my dad called me he said that he was taking James for the weekend, not staying for the weekend." "I was just looking forward for us time." "Me too Castle." "But we could still have some." He said coming closer and grabbing my waist. "NO. I am not having sex with you while my dad is here. Just try to be happy." "Ok" "Now lets go before you try and convince me to have sex with you" "Ok." I then grabbed Castle's hand, and we walked back out to my dad and Castle's.

"So dad," I said, "What are you going to do today?" "Well," my dad said, "I figured if it was ok with you I could take James to the park, and for lunch, and then to the zoo." "Yeah. Perfect. I'll go get him ready." "I'll help too." Martha and I then walked up stairs with James in our arms. When we reached the top of the stairs James ran into his room, and sat on the floor, and started playing with his cars. "Honey, before we start getting James ready I want to talk to you." Martha sat sitting down on a tiny kid couch in James' room, and patting for me to sit down next to her. "Yeah Martha?" I stated kind of nervous for what she was going to talk to me about. "It's about you and Castle." "What about it?" "I know that you're disappointed that for your dad came, and I know that you guys wanted some alone time." "Yeah." "And it was your dads idea to come here, he wanted to see how you guys were doing." "We're perfectly fine. We're happy." "Ok, that's all I wanted to know." We then hugged and called James over to get dressed. He hopped over and showed me what shirt he wanted to wear. It didn't take us long to get him ready. Buy the time we were done, he was wearing cute little shorts, and a shirt that said 'happy boy.' He was wearing red converse hytops and black long socks that my Martha and I pulled down to look 'cool' per say. I then picked him up and we walked down the stairs to wear my dad and Castle were laughing with each other.