Chapter 15: False Hope

I started walking away from Castle's building. I just needed some air. I decided to walk to the park. I could clear my mind there. When I reached the park I walked to the swings. I knew it wouldn't help. All it made me think of was sitting there in the pouring rain, deciding whether to go to Castle's loft or not, and then him proposing to me, and telling me that he needed me. I needed him too, but he betrayed me, my worst fear came true. I lost Castle. The only person I ever really loved. The only one I need. But I just don't know how I can do this, live, on my own. So I started to pump. I started to remember my life as a child, when it was easy. When all you had to worry about was cleaning your room and brushing your teeth, not dodging bullets and avoiding alcohol and rape. I wish my mother was here. She would help me, she would know what to do, and her and I would get through it together. I then started to cry again. My life was a mess, and all I needed was an explanation, for why all of these things were happening.

RICK'S P.O.V. I can't believe it. She threw her engagement ring at me. The sign that our relationship was over. And it was all Meredith's fault. If only Beckett had heard me say all the nice things about how she's perfect, but she just came in at the wrong time. Not that it matters anyways, that wouldn't change the fact that she would leave me, eventually. Meredith was bound to get her way, she always does. "Meredith, what the fuck is wrong with you! You took it to far. You stole the only thing that mattered to me. The only person outside of my family who loves me for me, and not my money and looks. This is all your fault!" I said pushing over the table with all the food, that Meredith had prepared. She looked at me annoyed. "What is wrong with you! You care more your food, and this crappy table, than me! So get out of my house. Get out and never come back, go and gather your things." I then left Meredith and ran out the door, searching for the woman I love.

As I reached the outside of my apartment complex I started running through the streets looking for Beckett. All around me people were asking if I was ok, and then I heard the occasional 'Oh my god, you're Richard Castle!' I didn't care though, I just needed to find Beckett. I needed to apologize and tell her how much I love her and that I would do ANYTHING for her, anything. She needed her ring, so people could know that she's mine. I was thinking of where she would go. The precinct would be to obvious, and the same goes for her apartment. Where could she be? I thought. I scanned every single person, looking for the one that was perfect, and then I though, the swings.

KATE'S P.O.V. As my swinging came to a stop, I felt better. I didn't need Castle, or did I. I have no idea. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Is this swing taken?" it said. As I turned around I didn't recognize him. "Umm, I'm kind of not in the mood for a relationship, I just got out of an engagement." "Oh, well I don't care." he said. "Excuse me?" "I'm going to talk you you sexy thing." "I don't think so." As I tried to get he grabbed a hold of my wrist and said, "Listen, I don't want any trouble, and a friend of mine said that the time he spent with you was amazing. And I wast some, so let's go." My mind immediately went to Josh. "Josh," I whispered, "But he's dead, or in jail." "Well sure, but we close, so he recommended you, and I love what I see." He pulled me against him, and my mind went to images of Josh abusing me, and hurting me. "Please, stop." I quietly told him, while he was touching my ass and rubbing my back. I started jerking, and he just held on tighter, and I started crying and trying to pull away. I was starting to hyperventilate, and my sight was getting blurry. But all of a sudden I fell to the floor, and could breathe again.

"Get away from her!" The voice said, and I could recognize that voice everywhere, it was Castle. He was beating up the guy who was hurting me. All around people were staring when finally the man left and Castle rushed to help me. "Kate, I'm sorry," he said helping up and onto the swings, "I'm so so sorry. I was just mocking Meredith and she must have heard the door, open or something and then came onto me  , knowing that you would see, and I'm so sorry. I don't love Meredith, I love you. You're the one I need, you're my air, you are the joy in my heart, and the one I can't live without. If I were to lose you, I couldn't function, and you're right about everything, and if I didn't have you in my life again, I-I-I could never live, or- or anything,  I need you Kate and I love you, I've never stopped. So please just forgive me." By the time he finished he was in tears. He really meant it. He was genuinely sorry.

"I love you Castle, I never stopped. I forgive you, will you still marry me?" I said, hesitant of his answer, because what if he really didn't love me anymore. "Of course I'll still marry you, what kind of a question is that!" He said laughing and picking me up off the swing, and swirling me around, making me laugh to, then he kissed me. I was so happy things were working out. He then slid my engagement ring back on. "Now let's go home and kick Meredith's ass." I said. "Because we all no, she's gonna still be there when we get back home." Castle said, making us both laugh. So then I came up with an idea, "What if we trick her, as in make her think you lost me and the you go all "psycho and stuff." "But I don't want to pretend to lose you, when I already almost did." "You're never going to lose me Castle. Do you here me? Never." "Ok then, let's go do this!" He said, acting like a little kid. I laughed. I was finally starting to feel normal again.

When we reached the house Meredith was still there. But we hadn't yet gone inside, but we stopped and listened to her at the door, we knew she was on the phone, but didn't know with who. "No-you listen to me! I gave you specific instructions, to kidnap her and make her disappear...No, wait what!...beating you up! Who...Richard Castle! He hit you, to save her!...Ok, well try again, and don't let her go...you're on you way?...Ok, bye!" Me and Castle looked at each other in shock, then his face turned to anger and he busted through the door screaming, "Meredith! You hired someone to kidnap Beckett and abuse her, what the hell is wrong with you! How could you do that! How could you think that!" I have never seen Castle this angry and if I didn't stop him, there's no telling what he would do. So I ran to him, "Hey babe," I said, "It's ok, I'm right here-" "NO! It's not ok! That bitch wants you dead!" "But I'm not, I'm right here, with you, I'm engaged to you. So calm down and just kiss me." I guess the plan was out of play, but Castle didn't stop staring at Meredith, and then suddenly I was pulled away, and something was put over my mouth. Castle quickly turned around and saw me being pulled away by the same man who abused me earlier, and he was dragging me away from the man I love.

As I was struggling the chloroform just became stronger. Castle left Meredith and came towards me wanting to help, but before he could reach me, Meredith pulled out a gun and said, "I don't think so. Move and I'll shoot." Castle was having the most difficult choice in his life. Try and save me and get shot, or don't save me and live. Knowing Castle he ran towards me, he reached out to grab me, he was 3 inches from helping me when he was shot. He fell to the floor. I couldn't tell where he got shot, all I saw was blood. I screamed and tried to fight the sleep that was coming over me. The screaming and struggling didn't help, I was being taken away from Castle. As I was almost out the door Meredith handcuffed my hands behind my back. Then I fell into a rough sleep.

Another update done! Enjoy  -k